• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Engine Paint

inves

Dumb Question #1: What color of blue are the 68 302 4v engines? I've seen dark ford blue, old ford blue, and medium blue. Could someone tell me what color spray paint to use on my engine? I believe it should be light blue colored. Most of the parts catalogs list ford corporate dark blue as the proper color (66-73).

WLM

I used Ford Dark Blue #DE1606, made by Dupli-color. It is a ceramic engine enammel, most auto part stores should have it. I found it at Autozone. I believe this is the correct color, I sure hope it is because I just used it a few weeks ago.

Bill

OP
OP
I

inves

Thanks, Don! My original 68 302 4V is painted medium blue and looks like original paint. I have a 66 coupe and the engine is painted dark blue or corporate blue. Before I repaint my engine I just want to be sure. I've seen several 302's painted the lighter blue. I know MCA rules state dark blue but I can't understand why my engine is painted light blue( I don't think it had been repainted), but again wht do I know. Thanks again!

BroadwayBlue

Here is a link to an article on the Mustang Monthly site on Engine paint.

http://tinyurl.com/d7kcx

But now I'm curious ... is this the wrong blue? ???

Attachments

• IM000523ss.JPG
    IM000523ss.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 19

390cs68rcode

every color (blue) will look different in digital photos. Best thing to do is buy one kind of Ford Blue color and keep using it. I use Plasti-Kote Ford Blue No.224.

hicountrybob

I, too, use Plasti-Kote Ford Blue #224 because it's as good as any and better than most, and, I believe, is the more proper color for 1966-68 Mustangs blocks, valve covers, air cleaners, etc. hicountry bob

Perkchiro

For what it's worth, I used Eastwood products on my restoration and the engine paint was Seymour HI-TECH engine coating. Ford Mustang Blue #EN-56. Worked great! :)

Perkchiro

[quote author=Perkchiro link=board=1;threadid=1813;start=0#msg11979 date=1119754167]
For what it's worth, I used Eastwood products on my restoration and the engine paint was Seymour HI-TECH engine coating. Ford Mustang Blue #EN-56. Worked great! :)
[/quote]

Attachments

• Mustang_Resto_Pics_022.jpg
    Mustang_Resto_Pics_022.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 17

BroadwayBlue

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1813;start=0#msg11970 date=1119738097]
every color (blue) will look different in digital photos. Best thing to do is buy one kind of Ford Blue color and keep using it. I use Plasti-Kote Ford Blue No.224.
[/quote]

You know I took that pic I posted out to my car today and you are absolutely correct!
My paint is so much darker in person than how it shows in the pic.
I feel better now. 8)