• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 sequentail taillight wiring

TIM

I'm looking for some wiring help. I recently purchcased a sequential tail light wiring harness from CJ Pony Parts item WTL8 for my GT/CS and I need to know if anybody knows the proper wiring. The harness did not come with directions and their tech help just isn't there. There are 4 wires from the old lights and the colors don't match the new harness. Any help would be appreciated. Tim

Diesel Donna

Just don't put them in upside down like I did and they blinked inwards! Duh.

obwan93001

Just don't put them in upside down like I did and they blinked inwards! Duh.

Too funny! You'd get cross-eyed looking at them if you had your emergency blinkers activated! I'm sure you mos def caught it before you drove it, but man, the looks on the faces of the drivers behind you when you'd signal would've been funny! "Ok...um wait...what the...huh?"

Oscar

platnumheart666

I'm looking for some wiring help. I recently purchcased a sequential tail light wiring harness from CJ Pony Parts item WTL8 for my GT/CS and I need to know if anybody knows the proper wiring. The harness did not come with directions and their tech help just isn't there. There are 4 wires from the old lights and the colors don't match the new harness. Any help would be appreciated. Tim

I am thinking about installing this and would also like to know if anyone has any instruction or helpful tips?

dalorzo_f

BigJim

I don't remember whose kit I bought, but mine included a digital flasher (controller) and LED bulbs with a built in micro chip that responded to the signal sent by the flasher/controller to determine when to flash each light. The nice part was there was no wiring change, just replaced the stock flasher with the new one and plugged the LED bulbs into the correct socket.