• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 LED tail light bulbs?

murf104

Can anyone recommend a brand or source or ID# for LED replacement bulbs for our tail lights. Looking for a bulb that is brighter than the stock bulbs in both the tail light and turn signal mode. Some reports indicate that a switch to certain LED bulbs lessen the brightness of the tail lights - I want to brighten them and also take some of the load from the turn signal switch by using a lower amp draw bulb. Any suggestions or experience that someone wants to share is appreciated. Thanks!

OP
OP
M

murf104

I attempted to search the old posts, and the only info located was that Neil had put in a set of "superbright LEDs with 30 "lights" in each one but decided to take them out since they were not as bright or at best no brighter than the 1157 bulbs. Casey had the Mustang Projects lights in his and liked the results. Neils post was from June of 07 and I was interested in someone by now has found some LEDs that are brighter then the bulbs or has had good results with some product.