• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Special Purchase of GT/CS Diecast Model

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Mustanger said:
So what's the latest on the model? I found a site that is taking pre-orders and they seem to be cheaper than others:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMMU5&P=2

Are we going to get a purchase price that's competitive with the one listed above? Just curious ...

I received an email from Greenlight last week. They are finalizing the group buy material and should be sending it to Jon shortly. Depending on how many folks from the site purchase will determine our price but, I would think we should be able to beat the price listed on the above site. Stay tuned and watch this thread.

Don

Mustanger

Thanks, Don ...

Attachments

• rf_stickerthanks.jpg
    rf_stickerthanks.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

The model is not scheduled to be released until August 06. We still have a little time yet. We are hoping to hear something very shortly from Greenlight.
Just stay tuned to this post.

Don :grin:

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Mustang68Mx said:
Would they send them to Mexico :O ? a Sprint Model and a GT/CS :grin: ???

I would assume they will ship worldwide since they are selling them over the internet. Orders will be through this site once everything is finalized and set-up through Jon and Greenlight. The only model we will be receiving through the site is of the GT/CS. They also offer a GT Coupe but, that would have to be obtained through one of their vendors. See below link:

http://dcastalley.stores.yahoo.net/grcargasc.html

Don :wink:

Mustang68Mx

68gt390 said:
I would assume they will ship worldwide since they are selling them over the internet. Orders will be through this site once everything is finalized and set-up through Jon and Greenlight. The only model we will be receiving through the site is of the GT/CS. They also offer a GT Coupe but, that would have to be obtained through one of their vendors. See below link:

http://dcastalley.stores.yahoo.net/grcargasc.html

Thank you for the answer, I look foward to buy some diecast models

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Just so folks are aware, the GT model was released over the Indy 500 weekend but, model has not shipped to suppliers as of yet. Greenlight is still making some corrections to it and hopes to ship by Jul 06. I will be contacting them again in the next few days to check on the GT/CS status.

Don

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Received an email from Greenlight today with the latest info on our group buy of the GT/CS. Below I have quoted part of the email I received from their production department.

"The 68 GT is scheduled for an August release. The decision was made to stagger the release of the GT and the CS so as to not offer too many versions at one time and lose sales on one piece or the other. With that said, the CS will follow two or three months (at the very latest) down the road. Nothing has changed on my end, I'm still planning on doing the Group Buy with you guys etc. and I'm excited about the model, however it's just going to be a waiting game for the time being.

Production has indeed been slow on this project but we would MUCH rather get it right the first time, rather than produce something that isn't our best work for our first step into the 1:18 world.

Hopefully everyone understands."

I for one can truly understand the reason for delay and hope everyone else here on the site can to. I think it's great that Greenlight is willing only to produce a top notch diecast model of our GT/CS. If anyone has any questions or comments please don't hestitate to let me know (either here on the site or by email).

Diesel Donna

Don,
I am back in California now, so when the model comes out I can order mine here when we get the 'green light". Thanks for offering to get them for me if they came available while I was on the road.

I have waited 32 years for this model so I can wait a few more months! So did they go ahead with the unveiling of the model even though you couldn't be there with the car or will they have another premeire?

~~~~Donna

Mustanglvr

The longer they wait, the more they`ll sell after the release of the 2007 GT/CS.

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Diesel Donna said:
Don,
I have waited 32 years for this model so I can wait a few more months! So did they go ahead with the unveiling of the model even though you couldn't be there with the car or will they have another premeire?

~~~~Donna

Donna;
As far as I know they went ahead with the unveiling as planned. Haven't really heard how that went. Will have to talk to them and find out.

Tworings: I'm sure that Greenlight will ensure there are enough copies of the model held out for our purchase. We are being offered first dibbs anyway regardless of any pre-order from their vendors.

Don

admin

Staff member
Administrator
To echo Don, I was just emailed by the manufacturer who assured me that our group buy orders would take priority. They said there would be no problems getting our orders.

Stacey Enderle

Silly question

admin said:
To echo Don, I was just emailed by the manufacturer who assured me that our group buy orders would take priority. They said there would be no problems getting our orders.

I have a silly question,...will there be enough to go around? I want a red one::smile:

Stacey

Diesel Donna

Stacey Enderle said:
I have a silly question,...will there be enough to go around? I want a red one::smile:

Stacey

Stacey, Stacey, Stacey.....you aren't allowed to call it 'red'. Say: ROYAL MAROON or the royal guys will get you. :grin:

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Diesel Donna said:
Stacey, Stacey, Stacey.....you aren't allowed to call it 'red'. Say: ROYAL MAROON or the royal guys will get you. :grin:

~~~~Donna

Thanks Donna. You saved Stacey's bacon. And your right, it's "ROYAL MAROON". For some reason, every red car I've owned I've totaled. And what was that other color ---------Oh yea, Acapulco Blue. Stacey, the CS is being offered in Royal Maroon and Acapulco Blue.

Donna; wished you could have been here last Sunday. You would of loved it. I hope to have some pictures of my stent up at Quaker Stake and Lube with the Corvette and Camaro folks. The gentlemen that took the pictures hasn't sent them to me yet but, I've already gotten several emails on how nice the car looked going from side to side with smoke just pouring off of her. I built her to drive and that's exactly what I plan on doing. I may blow another motor but, what the heck. I'm having a hell of a good time.

Don :grin:

Diesel Donna

DANG!!! I wish I was there too! I'd like to just tour the country and go to events that everyone takes their HCS and CS's to.

My brother took me to the Quaker Stake and Lube in Erie, PA. What a lot of fun, very different from your usual car nut place. I felt right at home because I recently sold my Lube Center. The food was great and even my 87 year old great Aunt got a kick out of it.

~~~~Donna