• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Marchal mounts?

DeadStang

I can blow this up bigger on my email photo, but I can't make it any bigger here... But does it look like there are Marchal mounts behind this grill?

cailforniaspecial003.jpg

somethingspecial

Yes, That appears to be an original grille you have. Those are the correct fog light brackets in the grille.

Mosesatm

All GT/CSs had the Marchal brackets in the grilles, even the ones originally fitted with Lucas lights.

OP
OP
D

DeadStang

All GT/CSs had the Marchal brackets in the grilles, even the ones originally fitted with Lucas lights.

I did not know this. I thought it was an early/late build thing. So the best option is to leave it alone!

hookedtrout

What would the group do with this? Leave it alone? Put a set of Marchals "back" on...?

It is correct as it is so the choice is yours. If you prefer the Marchals you could change it if you like the Lucas you can leave it as is.

carezcs

If you go back to the Marchals (expensive) you will have to deal with the Lucas mounting holes in your grill surround.
Bruce