• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Bought a copy of the 1996 GT/CS Registry

While in Ohio I stopped by K.A.R Mustang(sells only classic Mustangs and some 5.0's) and they happened to have a copy of the '96 GT/CS Registry. I bought the book for $15.00 and I haven't been able to put it down since! There is so much interesting information in that book. One of the coolest things is that my car was already in the registry in 1996(way before I owned it). Just wanted to complement the sven year old book on how good it was. Are there plans for a new book soon?

STOP! My head is swelling!

Thank you for the compliment! That book took a long time to complete, and compiling the data for the registry took six months alone! I appreciate your kind words. I essentially wanted to tell everything I could about the car that I could remember, and had on paper --stashed in all my files!

With all the "guidelines" for concours out there for all the other Mustangs, I felt it was necessary to publish rules and resto info for owners of the GT/CS, so they could be as competitive as anyone.

Besides--with owners and enthusiasts as nice as you all have been, how could I not do that book?

Another book? Gosh..no plans as of now, but I might consolidate both books in a year or so, along with new Registry info, with some help from this site, etc.

Again, my thanks for your kind words. It's made it all worthwhile.

Paul Newitt