• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

my 67's engine plan/ sbf questions

jk89cat

ok now that ineed to use my 302 that iwas orginally goign to install in the 67, i am going to usethe orginal 289, heres what the plan is , e7te efi heads, 351 lighting cam, either holley system max intake or the gt40/explorer one i have in my garage , roller rockers 1.7 , headers(obvoiusly) serp belt settup, now hers my questions, in order to use the serp belt i need a later front cover, and what pans are available with the dipstick in the side? also using the 351 firing order (ho) do i need to use a late 302 crank/balancer/flywheel for the 50 oz inbalance? i am going to be using a wide ratio aod and a explorer 8.8 rear axle with a 3.73 gear with track lock. i am open to any ideas/ suggestions, thanks, justin

rvrtrash

I used a HO firing order cam in one of my 302's and didn't change the crank, flexplate, balancer and didn't notice any problems. I did notice the low end response wasn't as good, but that was probably just the cam that I used. If you go to the serpentine belt, don't forget to change your water pump also. It spins the opposite direction.
Steve

OP
OP
J

jk89cat

thats why i was worried about the front cover , i thought that the impeller area was different, i could be wrong , i should be good then. justin