• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Place to install the stipes in Sacramento

platnumheart666

We purchased stripes from Ebay - Decal Magic #SK104R Reflective black vinyl stripes.

I am not about to attempt myself and people I know do not want to mess up, stating that they material is thinner than they have ever worked with and they would not know how to apply the right heat etc.

Went to a vinyl sign shop but they are ultra flakey and every time we make an appointment they have to reschedule when we arrive repeatedly (for over a month now). And its very hard to get time off work. So we are done with them (yelp review to come).

Question is: Does anyone know someone in the Sacramento Area competent enough to install the stripes properly?

Or a suggestion of where to go?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edward Bodoh

I went to a high end paint and body shop by word of mouth in Vallejo and paid 320 bucks for hockey shaped boss stripes on my 08 gt. Although I'm a do it yourself type of guy that was well worth it to me. Like you I would rather pay for that endeavor. I'm sure others here can advise on stripe placement they have done themselves. Also the newest gtcs book has good info on our 68 stripes. Or...if nothing else call Andy at American Mustang in Folsom. Maybe he can guide you to a good shop.

IVY Red here.

OP
OP
platnumheart666

platnumheart666

I went to a high end paint and body shop by word of mouth in Vallejo and paid 320 bucks for hockey shaped boss stripes on my 08 gt. Although I'm a do it yourself type of guy that was well worth it to me. Like you I would rather pay for that endeavor. I'm sure others here can advise on stripe placement they have done themselves. Also the newest gtcs book has good info on our 68 stripes. Or...if nothing else call Andy at American Mustang in Folsom. Maybe he can guide you to a good shop.

IVY Red here.

Thanks Ed. I have considered painting on, but will wait for a repaint one day.
I have the book and all the installation measurements, but that's not a task for me.
I will definitely call Andy.

Thanks

franklinair

Wish I could make house calls, but you're a little out of my range.:sad:

Neil

DAR1

NorCal Motorsports in Sac. did a great job wih the side stripes on my 'little red' tribute. You might give them a call.

OP
OP
platnumheart666

platnumheart666

NorCal Motorsports in Sac. did a great job wih the side stripes on my 'little red' tribute. You might give them a call.

Just spoke with the Owner and his son is calling me back with a quote tomorrow. It sounds like they had their paint shop do it.

Are Paint shops the place to do it then?

-They also are restoring their very own Brittney Blue, Black Vinyl top GT/CS manual. Pics up at their website. FYI

http://www.norcalmotorsports.com/norcalgallery/37/med/DSCF6558.htm

stangfan

I know that you are looking for options in Sacramento, and I can't help you with that. I wanted my CS re-striped and found a fellow in Victoria who does graphics and signs. He has striped a number of cars for members of the local Mustang club and came highly recommended. He has a computer program which he uses to produce the stripes and then installs them at your home. My rationale for going this route was that if anything was to happen to an individual stripe, it would be much more cost effective to have this fellow reproduce the needed parts rather than needing to buy a whole new set of stripes.