• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 There and back again... Road trip!

DeadStang

Drove the CS 810 trouble-free(ish) miles Labor Day Weekend to the 35th International Mustang Meet in BC, Canada.

Very nice event and a great showing of CS/GTs... There were 8 or 9 of them total.

sportyworty

You rock Kim
The car looks great with original patina
Glad to hear you had a successful round trip

Ruppstang

I love to see unrestored cars at the shows. There is so much to be learned from them. Is that the X code?

OP
OP
D

DeadStang

You rock Kim
The car looks great with original patina
Glad to hear you had a successful round trip

All and all, things went well. My stop light switch started sticking and I had to keep fiddling with the pedal and it would shut off most of the time after a spell... Otherwise, very uneventful--even idling and creeping for almost 2 hours (!!!!!) to cross the border north. Ugh. Won't make that trip again for a long time, but it was interesting.

OP
OP
D

DeadStang

I love to see unrestored cars at the shows. There is so much to be learned from them. Is that the X code?

Yes, my X-code, warts and all. Great runner and driver but not so pretty anymore. It's got the wrong coil, battery cables, and solenoid, but otherwise is fairly correct and stock/original.