• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

correct carb for 68 HCS j code 302 2 V

CougarCJ

I have auto trans, has a motorcraft 2 v Carb, is this correct? Anyone has this information??

Fifth letter in your VIN is J then is should be a 302-4V.
F code is 302-2V.

Correct carburetor for a 1968 Mustang with 302-4V and automatic is C8ZF-D.
That would be an Autolite 4300 Carburetor.

GTCSMustang

Motorcraft would be a service replacement carb. The original would be an Autolite C8ZF-G.

Scott

Mosesatm

Fifth letter in your VIN is J then is should be a 302-4V.
F code is 302-2V.

Correct carburetor for a 1968 Mustang with 302-4V and automatic is C8ZF-D.
That would be an Autolite 4300 Carburetor.

Good catch. You're right, a 302 2V would need to be either a later engine or one from a different model since that combo wasn't offered on Mustangs in '68. Or someone swapped the 4V induction system for a 2V system.

Dualies, what is the number stamped on the back of the block, just behind the intake?

OP
OP
D

dualies

Mine is a 302-4V, my mistake, sorry, by looking at this auto lite 4300 picture online($$195!!!!), I think mine on the car looks a lot better. I will find out tonight what I have now.

Attachments

• C8ZF_D.jpg
    C8ZF_D.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 35