• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. July 2010 Seattle MCA Show, Northwest Get Together Part Two

CougarCJ

Alrighty then.

I know who Rob, Neil, Ron, Roy, Sarge, and Renee are in the photos.

Didn't get the program that tells me the rest of the players.

Can you help a fellow GT/CS'r out?

PonyGal

I guess I should have put the names on my pictures, but I was a bit "pre-occupied" last night. Here are the names as best as I can remember...

I am sooooo sorry I forgot Jean-Yves' wifes name :sad:

I also included a couple of shots from the ferry ride home. It was a lot sunnier than the ride to Bremerton!

Attachments

• Seattle 2010 037.JPG
    Seattle 2010 037.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Seattle 2010 126.JPG
    Seattle 2010 126.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 41
  • Seattle 2010 104.JPG
    Seattle 2010 104.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Seattle 2010 083.JPG
    Seattle 2010 083.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Seattle 2010 079.JPG
    Seattle 2010 079.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Seattle 2010 067.JPG
    Seattle 2010 067.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Seattle 2010 060.JPG
    Seattle 2010 060.JPG
    216.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Seattle 2010 058.JPG
    Seattle 2010 058.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 58

J.Bart

Renee,
i checked my brother's extensive nascar collection, he only has one mark martin autograph. it's on a diecast, #6 car that is part of a large diecast collection, and he won't , of course, break up the set. i guess he really is a hard one to get.
sorry

Midnight Special

Great pics everybody!

...Yes, Keep them coming!

Rob - your lakeside cabin is spectacular and the BBQ & boating you put on...Wow! I'm so sorry to have missed that. Renee was so gracious in calling me with updates and passing the phone around to my "cousins in cars" :) You all made my weekend nonetheless!

Amy - what a great and generous job YOU did with your part in management! 1,700 cars in all - yet how fortunate the GT/CS folks who received such VIP treatment with huge smiles to go with their miles! You are the Real Deal :)

JBART - you opened a real "can o'worms" talking NASCAR with Renee ;-) She will "drink you under the table" on that subject. Good luck with that one ;-)

What an historic and monumental event you all performed! Are there pictures of you all at the MCA show as well?

So proud of you!....So sorry to have missed out!

J.Bart

JBART - you opened a real "can o'worms" talking NASCAR with Renee ;-) She will "drink you under the table" on that subject. Good luck with that one ;-)

I found that out when we were having dinner wth the canadians, then Renee started talking "wine" with , i think Bob Walker.
that was interesting too, it was out of my realm of expertise, but it was interesting
way out

hookedtrout

I too have this deep feeling that I really missed out on a great time, glad you shared as much as you have with us, brings it a little closer.

limelyt

I guess I should have put the names on my pictures, but I was a bit "pre-occupied" last night. Here are the names as best as I can remember...

I am sooooo sorry I forgot Jean-Yves' wifes name :sad:

I also included a couple of shots from the ferry ride home. It was a lot sunnier than the ride to Bremerton!

Jean-Yves better half is - Bonnie

limelyt

Here are a few more photos from the BBQ.

Robert thank you again for the great time, ans also to Amy who helpped put things together and for making sure we did not get lost ;)

Gary

Attachments

• web IMG_0219.jpg
    web IMG_0219.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 51
  • web IMG_0217.jpg
    web IMG_0217.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 44
  • web IMG_0216.jpg
    web IMG_0216.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 40
  • web IMG_0204.jpg
    web IMG_0204.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 48
  • web IMG_0202.jpg
    web IMG_0202.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 41
  • web IMG_0190 .jpg
    web IMG_0190 .jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 41

PonyGal

Jean-Yves better half is - Bonnie

Oh, thank God I stopped myself before I typed "Connie". I decided it would be best to question myself rather then get it wrong. I met so many amazing people this trip and I am TERRIBLE with names.

Bonnie, I am sooo sorry I forgot your name :embarass:

Great pictures everyone! Keep them coming!!

PonyGal

Renee,
i checked my brother's extensive nascar collection, he only has one mark martin autograph. it's on a diecast, #6 car that is part of a large diecast collection, and he won't , of course, break up the set. i guess he really is a hard one to get.
sorry

That's okay JBart. Mark Martin is a hard one to get and I know that. Thanks for the offer to check for me though :) And Tim is right, I do love NASCAR and Mark Martin is my favorite driver!! I could talk your ear off about NASCAR racing!! I have been a fan since the 60's (I was still just a baby :wink:)

Another thing I enjoy is wine tasting/collecting. Hey, I live right in the middle of the California wine country!! I have quite a few "exceptional" wines in my collection just waiting for the proverbial "special occasion". Hey, sounds like a GT/CS party to me :cheesy:

CougarCJ

That's okay JBart. Mark Martin is a hard one to get and I know that. Thanks for the offer to check for me though :) And Tim is right, I do love NASCAR and Mark Martin is my favorite driver!! I could talk your ear off about NASCAR racing!! I have been a fan since the 60's (I was still just a baby :wink:)

Another thing I enjoy is wine tasting/collecting. Hey, I live right in the middle of the California wine country!! I have quite a few "exceptional" wines in my collection just waiting for the proverbial "special occasion". Hey, sounds like a GT/CS party to me :cheesy:

I got Elliot Sadler's Autograph when he came up to our luxury suite in Atlanta a few years ago. He used to be our driver.
MeNElliotSadler.jpg

I had met him on numerous occasions when he came to race at Fontana.

J.Bart

here are some pictures of the dinner cruise, and show.
and i think the boat captains were playing chicken!

Attachments

• montane and brakes 051.jpg
    montane and brakes 051.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 59
  • montane and brakes 006.jpg
    montane and brakes 006.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 35
  • montane and brakes 038.jpg
    montane and brakes 038.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 46
  • montane and brakes 015.jpg
    montane and brakes 015.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 39
  • montane and brakes 013.jpg
    montane and brakes 013.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 50
  • montane and brakes 016.jpg
    montane and brakes 016.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 39

rvrtrash

Wow, it looks like a great time was had by all! Thanks for all the pics. They almost make you feel like you were there.

Steve

PonyGal

Here are a few more pictures from the show itself...

Hey Tim, You need one of those Mustang carts to drive around during Airfest :wink:

Attachments

• Seattle 2010 167.JPG
    Seattle 2010 167.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Seattle 2010 160.JPG
    Seattle 2010 160.JPG
    221 KB · Views: 47
  • Seattle 2010 159.JPG
    Seattle 2010 159.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Seattle 2010 137.JPG
    Seattle 2010 137.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Seattle 2010 133.JPG
    Seattle 2010 133.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Seattle 2010 132.JPG
    Seattle 2010 132.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Seattle 2010 129.JPG
    Seattle 2010 129.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Seattle 2010 168.JPG
    Seattle 2010 168.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 50

Midnight Special

...ALRIGHT! Nice pictures Renee! Nice GT/CSs too!
Nice to catch a glimpse of Marty, papa Neil, Satan... and I see You found a perfect pal for the walk-around ;-)

The golf cart is neat & would indeed come in handy! It looks like it could share many of the body parts with the pool table Jon posted in "off topic" this a.m.
;-)

Northern Pony

We had a great week end and good week coming home. It is true what they say; "you meet the nicest people driving a Mustang". We met many nice and friendly people, the B-B-Q was awesome, and great hospitality from Rob and Val, thank you. The two shows were great and Renee thanks for posting a pic of my car at the judged show. I have never seen so many nice cars as at the S&S on Sunday.
A lot of Rum and a lot of Red Wine but I seem to remember something about Renee being our " honorary Canadian" and honorary member of our club, I believe Cindy is even going to send her our news letter. Great gal and she just worked her way into all of our hearts.
Of all I got to spend the least time with Marty but we did get together for a quick bite and car talk, very knowledgeable car guy. That beer I promised Marty will have to wait till next time.
Out of the whole trip my greatest worry was taking the old gal over Rogers Pass, but she just sailed through, kept up with the new cars, and was often in the passing lane climbing with the best of them. However a car of this age is not the best on bumpy down hill corners, as I quickly learned.
Great event, nice people, and awesome cars.
See you on the road.
BoB

robert campbell

Thanks to all who came!!! We went through all 30 pounds of the briskett by days end.

What a great bunch of people and it was Val and I's pleasure to host you guys. I had a great time and only wished you could have stayed longer!!

Fed Maxi the hound a small piece of brisket and she wolfed it down. Her "intestinal" difficulties are finally over and she is eating like a horse again. I thought I may have to put her down, but she has rallied like no ones business!!

Thanks again for all the great talk and camaraderie!! I will post a couple pics soon. Did 8 racks of baby back ribs last Saturday!!! Yummmm yummmm!!!

Rob

68 special

Glad Maxi is up and around so you didn't have to make the dreaded trip.
Thanks again for a great time.

Bret