• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ 2011 gt/cs

aemoo28

Correct me if I'm wrong, but now there will be THREE models of the CS. Body style for 1968 model, 2005 platform, 2010 platform.

I do remember Ford's "limited edition" marketing for the 2007-9 CS anniversary edition.
:undecided

BroadwayBlue

Some interesting engine choices coming for 2011 too...
Some of this info was in Mustang Monthly this month too

Looks like no EcoBoost V6 or V8 next year.

Ford is supposed to release all the info next month.

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1036395_2011-ford-mustang-details-leak-ahead-of-l-a-auto-show

"We've already heard that the 2011 Mustang is expected to get a pair of new engines--a 3.7-liter Duratec V-6 engine to replace the existing 4.0-liter unit in the current base Mustang. Power is expected to go up despite the drop in displacement, from 210 horsepower to a whopping 315 horsepower. That's about even witth the curren't 4.6-liter V-8's output in the Mustang GT, so Ford is upping the performance there, too, with the new 5.0-liter Coyote V-8, rated at 400 horsepower.
Joining it is also a rumored twin-turbocharged, aluminum-block "Road Runner" version of the engine that could rate as high as 600 horsepower for the next GT500. We'll have to wait until December to find out for sure what Ford will be packing into the next Mustang, but if it's anything like the rumors, it's sure to be exciting.
Other major upgrades to the 2011 Mustang include an even more focused Track Pack, with a sharper suspension, bigger brakes and grippy Pirelli P-Zero Corsa tires, plus the return of the "5.0" badge."

Midnight Special

I'm biased too. I like the 1968's:wink:

Neil

...Me too Neil, but I think it looks pretty sharp as far as new cars go. 'Has enough of the classic lines to still be recognized from a distance as a Mustang. They must have been good sellers to be brought back in 2011. 'Makes me wonder about "ours" and if there would have been a '69 or '70 GT/CS if popularity warranted......

rvrtrash

. 'Makes me wonder about "ours" and if there would have been a '69 or '70 GT/CS if popularity warranted......

There is a guy locally who built a '69 GT/CS "clone". It actually looks pretty good. I see it every once in a while.

Steve