• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Get the Exciting 2008 Mustang Brochure!

P

PNewitt

By chance at a recent local car show, a dealer had a Shelby GT on display, and i was fortunate to get a 2008 Mustang brochure. He told me that 'they just got them today".

A few things to notice--

I circled it in orange; on the back of the brochure is a GT/CS, representing the Mustang of "today". Pretty cool

On the inside, is a two page spread on the California Special. They say: "Paying tribute to the Highly Prized '68 GT/California Special" (which by the way, we owe a big thanks to you, the owners of the '68 CSs to prompt Ford to say that). How cool is that??

Paul N.

Attachments

• brochr.jpg
    brochr.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 72
  • tribute.jpg
    tribute.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

But wait! There's More!

For the first time, (since about 1967 for Shelbys), you can get a dealer-installed FORD Supercharger for your GT/CS!!!

Gee, would you want 400hp, or 500 hp? Both versions are dealer-installed, but only the 400hp version has the 12mo./12,000 mi limited warranty.

I don't suppose the upcoming '08 Camaro had anything to do with this decision....(???)..

If one were to pick a future high-dollar-investment classic, I'd think an '08 GT/CS with dealer blower would be a good bet.

Paul N.
(of course, all photos of the brochure, © Ford Motor Co., 2007)

Attachments

• gtcspack.jpg
    gtcspack.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 71

RebelYell

For the first time, (since about 1967 for Shelbys), you can get a dealer-installed FORD Supercharger for your GT/CS!!!

Gee, would you want 400hp, or 500 hp? Both versions are dealer-installed, but only the 400hp version has the 12mo./12,000 mi limited warranty.

I don't suppose the upcoming '08 Camaro had anything to do with this decision....(???)..

If one were to pick a future high-dollar-investment classic, I'd think an '08 GT/CS with dealer blower would be a good bet.

Paul N.
(of course, all photos of the brochure, © Ford Motor Co., 2007)

Wonder if the dealer would install one on a 07 modle?:icon_ecst

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

As I was posting this thread, I was thinking just that--could '07 owners get the blower on theirs, too? (and still be under warranty?).

That is something I'll check out. There may be a limited 'window" of time since the car was bought, to not compromise the ('07) warranty agreement. For example, if an '07 has 20K miles, the parts in the motor might not handle the blower (that is, ONLY in terms of how the lawyers/engineers would figure warranties).

This supercharger will put some real teeth into the GT/CS. It's not a Roush or Saleen, or other brand blower--it's a Ford blower. This is new stuff.

Now Joe will have to keep a keen eye out in his mirror for those "sleeper-blower '08 GT/CSs" on the street...

uh-oh...

Paul N.

68gt390

I'd opt for the "500" HP package. Who needs a warranty. We do enough of work on our own cars as it is. Besides, their new and if it can't hold together, now is the time to find out. Besides, get the Ford supercharger kit and then change the pullies and see how much additional HP you get.

Don :cool:

albegtcs

If the 07/08 GTCS came with a 3YR/30,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and the Blower comes with a 12mo./12,000 mi limited warranty, How does that work ???? Does my 30,000 mile warranty now become 12.000 mile warranty. I also would be very interested to see if the dealership would install the blower on a 07. Thank you Pnewitt for the post, anybody have a idea about the warranty stuff ?

davidathans

I really hope I'm able to make it. I'm doing everything I can to make it happen, but my car is down. I melted a piston, just picked up a new one today.

damn, sounds like you won't be able to make it...

melting a piston sounds really bad...

As far as these 3V 4.6L motors in your 2007 CS's and mustangs...they spin two rods if they make more than 400 Torque at the wheels...the cars that make 399 or less torque to the wheels survive....

"ford's better idea"...

i recommend putting together a new short block before trying to get 500HP out of your stock bottom end on your 3V motors...i bet that is why only the 400HP kit has a warranty...and what exactly does that warranty say? i guarantee that if you blow your motor at the track, your not covered..

the 03-04 cobra bottom end was rated for 1000HP and a lot of torque (forged)
These 05-07 3V motors come apart with 400 torque at the tires...im so dissappointed in ford's product...i really hope they put beefier bottom ends on the 08s...

does anyone know if they changed the engine design at all for 2008?

joedls

damn, sounds like you won't be able to make it...

melting a piston sounds really bad...

Yeah, you know boost and detonation. But, don't count me out yet. I have a solution to my detonation problem and if all goes well, I'll be there Saturday.

Steved

The ford racing Pack Heat brochure Has the FR Super PACK 400hp non-intercooled Whipple and the 500hp manual transmission only intercooled Whipple.
Evolution performance has the intercooled unit at 5,675.00 and 1,200.00 for the install. I'm think about forged crank, pistons, and connecting rods. I'll have to see what the cost is for that also...... The CS is the wife's daily driver, so I can't figure out if thats more or less of a pounding.......

joedls

Yeah, you know boost and detonation. But, don't count me out yet. I have a solution to my detonation problem and if all goes well, I'll be there Saturday.

David,

I'm sorry to say that I can't quite get it together in time for tomorrow. Ran into a couple of delays. I'll see you at the next one, though.

wsmjrpe

I picked up my brochure and am currently tracking my '08 GTCS vai the Ford web site as it's being built. I also ordered my FR-400 supercharger, FR-1 power pack and x-pipe. The dealer will install them when the car arrives. On paper, should be good for 425hp. Does anyone know if one of the FRP strut tower braces will fit over the supercharger and fit under the stock Mustang hood? I would like to add one if I can.

joedls

who were you betting on ?

If he were smart he'd bet on your car. With me you have an inexperienced driver and an untested car. As a matter of fact, one that isn't even tuned to its potential yet. You have proven and very well documented results.

BTW, that last video of you getting into the 11s is awesome.