• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Happy 4th of July

meadowsdk28

Just as a curiousity, what are you're plans for the fourth? Mine is the great american tradition. I'll do some landscaping this morning, work on my HCS's steering gearbox this afternoon and then head down to Jimmy Nash Park in Martinsville, Indiana for the big fireworks show. Believe it or not, Martinsville has one of the best shows in the state. There will be thousands there tonight. I get to see all the people I never get to see the rest of the year.

I skipped last year because I figured it would remind me too much of my last year in Iraq and Baghdad. Fireworks and battle sound eerilly the same. I didn't want to go running for cover the first time they lit off a volley of skyrockets. :) I think I am ready this year!! Should be a great time.

What are you doing (or what did you do if you read this tomorrow)?

Mosesatm

I'll be re-inventing the term, "sweatin' to the oldies". Working on the GT/CS in the garage in 105 degree weather.

Ever notice how people who are driving down the street slow down or stop in front of your house when the garage is open and they see all those taillights? Spooky.

68gt390

[quote author=meadowsdk28 link=board=4;threadid=1858;start=0#msg12194 date=1120488202]
Just as a curiousity, what are you're plans for the fourth? Mine is the great american tradition. I'll do some landscaping this morning, work on my HCS's steering gearbox this afternoon and then head down to Jimmy Nash Park in Martinsville, Indiana for the big fireworks show. Believe it or not, Martinsville has one of the best shows in the state. There will be thousands there tonight. I get to see all the people I never get to see the rest of the year.

I skipped last year because I figured it would remind me too much of my last year in Iraq and Baghdad. Fireworks and battle sound eerilly the same. I didn't want to go running for cover the first time they lit off a volley of skyrockets. :) I think I am ready this year!! Should be a great time.

What are you doing (or what did you do if you read this tomorrow)?
[/quote]

MD28;
I can relate to the battle sounds and fireworks. I didn't go to a 4th celebration for almost 5 years after I returned from Vietnam. I have a couple friends who to this day still won't go.

We plan on attending a show this afternoon. Worked for the past 3 days detailing the rearend of the CS. Fresh paint, new suspension and she's ready to go.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th.

Don 8) 8)

nfrntau

I insulated my garage doors (as Arlie mentioned it's toasty down here and added a couple of sophet vents where the contractor got lazy (I know hard to imagine). Trying to make the garage a little more comfortable. Tonight me and the kids will go to Splashtown to watch the fireworks. It's a 6-flags water park in our area. The head gate lady told me they are expecting about 20,000. I've heard they put on a good show but we haven't gone to it before.
Enjoy Y'all

hookedtrout

Caught some nice small trout here by the house first thing this morning, put up Squeaks big inflatable water slide and hooked up the water to it and I went down it a couple of times to cool, appears I was cheap entertainment for all our company out cooking the bbq. Lunch is about done and then were taking my drift boat up to the upper section of the Henry's Fork and then it's fireworks at dark. Mixed with a few drinks, all at home so there will be no driving. :)

Hook

Mustanglvr

:)I grew up on a farm by Sioux Falls, South Dakota and would go to the huge fireworks show at the fairgrounds there. Since I`ve been in Minnesota the last 15 years we`ve gone to a smaller show at a town called Marshall (population 12,000). Thats where Schwan`s headquarters is. I`m sure everybody has heard of Schwan`s ice cream. They also make Red Baron and Tony`s pizza. They`re the ones that deliver to your door in those yellow trucks. Anyway, since we moved farther away from Marshall 2 years ago we go to an even smaller town called Currie (population 2000) for their fireworks show. Its just about as good as the one in Marshall. The little town we live in does`nt have a show.
2 years ago today the kids and I were hanging out at a Sioux Falls hospital where my husband was in intensive car on total life support. He had been under our house spraying Malathion to kill spiders and accidently poisoned himself. That stuff can seep into your skin and kill you very easily. He came out of his 4 day coma and is all better now. Although he did`nt remember who we were for a long time. We watched the fireworks from the hospital window that time.

Arlie, you should seriously start thinking about putting AC in your garage. 105 degrees, now thats HOT!

:) Rhonda

Mosesatm

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=4;threadid=1858;start=0#msg12202 date=1120508142]
:)
Arlie, you should seriously start thinking about putting AC in your garage. 105 degrees, now thats HOT!

:) Rhonda
[/quote]

Our HOA would frown on such things, unless I can hook the garage into the house system, but last month's electric bill was almost $500 so I think I'll just keep sweating.

The heat really isn't too bad once one gets used to it. Just need lots of water and lots of sweat rags.

A Texas HOA seems like a huge oxymoron.

rvrtrash

I just got back from 3 days of white water rafting on the Salmon River near Riggins, Id. It's a 4th of July tradition for me.
Steve

case12

I took all three of my mustangs to our "church on the lawn" service sunday - our church's way of celebratiing the 4th by having services outside. I never knew so many people in my own church had old mustangs in their garages waiting to be restored - made for great conversations. Of course, no one had ever seen a GT/CS before (here in Illinois).

Yesterday, we took the little kids to the Brookfield zoo. Super time, beautiful weather - and nothing beats seeing little kids ooh and aah over the animals. My goal was to see the Hirax they have their - it is like a large rat, but is part of the elephant family - has suction cups on its feet and can run straight up vertical walls (I always look for the odd ball animals each trip we take there).

To Arlie's garage postings, our garage extension is coming along (pad poured now and first floor framing done last week) - and hopefully we will get the gas lines run for heat - here we need heat in our garages for the winter, and summers are bearable without AC. Casey

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=4;threadid=1858;start=0#msg12195 date=1120490262]
I'll be re-inventing the term, "sweatin' to the oldies". Working on the GT/CS in the garage in 105 degree weather.

Ever notice how people who are driving down the street slow down or stop in front of your house when the garage is open and they see all those taillights? Spooky.
[/quote]

those people driving by are saying inside the AC car "look at that fool working in his hot garage in 105 degree weather" ;D

My solution was adding 2 window units to my garage. It will keep the temp at 72 if I want it too. 8)

I don't feel so bad since your bill was almost $500 (mine was $650).

We watched the people sweat at the Power of Houston fireworks show on TV, I was sweating just watching them.

gotta run and take some frozen meat I have hanging in the garage for dinner. ;)