• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS Dash Plaque--I need your input.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'll do some research on who and where to get brass plaques made--perhaps at a trophy shop. Is there anyone here that works for, or has a business that does promotional products? (decals, key fobs, etc.?)

I'll try to make this plaque look classy, and to help with authentication. It WOULD be neat to have both the plaque, AND your car listed in the book.

By the way--if you haven't, get a Marti report ASAP, and a copy of it to me, to get it into the book.

Thanks so much for your comments. It really does help me out a lot. You guys are great!

Paul N.

Perkchiro

A GT/CS key fob. Now that's something I would love. Anyone know if those are available anywhere?

Steve in Missouri

p51

PFSlim said:
Steve

What is it?

Paul
I assume you're asking what a "fob" is, correct? Its the "dealie" thats on the end of a key chain - what you usually grab when you pick up your keys. Most folks just call the whole thing a key chain these days. Note: Back when people had pocket watches the fob was the part of the watch chain that stuck out of your pocket so you could easily pull out your watch w/o rooting around in your pocket.

Mustanger

It's one of these ...

Attachments

• keyfob.jpg
    keyfob.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 30

PFSlim

Yep. That is what I was asking about. Now, I am educated. I had always called that a key chain as well and I do think that is a cool idea.

Good job Perk!!!

Paul

Midnight Special

PFSlim said:
Yep. That is what I was asking about. Now, I am educated. I had always called that a key chain as well and I do think that is a cool idea.

Good job Perk!!!

Paul

I'll look into to making or getting these w/ all color & stripe combos... 'Have no idea yet where to go - 'Lil brainstorming and brousing of catalogs & I'm sure we can make it happen...

Attachments

• keyfob.jpg
    keyfob.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 39

rvrtrash

Tim, I'm not sure what we did before you got here but "You da man!" Make mine with a red stripe.
Steve

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I don't know how we switched gears from a dash plaque to key fobs, but, hey, "go for it", Tim!

Here is one of my concepts, that I've been working on during the past two months. it includes my (copyrighted) GT/CS Registry Logo.

Stay Tuned, as it develops!

Paul N.

Attachments

• csfob.jpg
    csfob.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Midnight Special

PNewitt said:
I don't know how we switched gears from a dash plaque to key fobs, but, hey, "go for it", Tim!

Here is one of my concepts, that I've been working on during the past two months. it includes my (copyrighted) GT/CS Registry Logo.

Paul N.

...I don't know either, that's just the way it is here. - 'looks like you got the key fob covered - carry on!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

No, actually, Tim, why don't you just go ahead, and see how many folks would like your version. The advantage is your version has color--to match owner's cars. And, it's affordable. Mine might be kind of pricey.

If you'd like, I'll send you the GT/CS scoop artwork, so you can use that, too, if you'd like (or, you have my permission to copy it from the back of the 1996 Registry--for this use).

I invite everyone to let Tim know if you'd like his style.

Let me make it clear that just because I did the books, etc., that I don't have it locked up for merchandise. Ford did take out a trademark on the word: "GT/CS" last January for the '07 cars. I'm working on getting an "OK" from them, but in the meantime It's not my place to say that it's all mine. Others have done T-shirts, Golf shirts, etc. I encourage all of that. "The more the merrier".

Paul N.

gt bandit

Key FOB

hello

below is our local MOCA key fob , stamped in the back is your membership number - this is used for raffles and or prize draws etc we have on a monthly basis. You must have your car on site to win the prize:cool:

Attachments

• jade , elisha , deck , september 045.jpg
    jade , elisha , deck , september 045.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 33

LUVMYCS

PNewitt said:

Paul N.

Very cool key fob Paul! I like the way it kind of tells a story.

I also like the simplicity of Tim's key fob.

Both would be very cool! I would like to see pricing and options.
Keep up the great work!

PFSlim

I think I like the idea of the Registry logo. I am dying to get my hands on stuff that link the car to the registry.

Paul

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Just a quick question:

Is the "notch" in the left fender "square"? That is, does it look crooked, or not like a 90 degree-cornered box?

Also--do all the repro (non-Ford OEM type) fenders have these notches, and are they the same size? Are they "square" too?

My thanks in advance to anyone who checks this out, and responds.

Paul N.