• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Swap meet wish list.

rvrtrash

Last year I offered to look for parts for people at the Portland, Or. swap meet and I'm offering the same thing this year. The rules are as follows: If I buy it for you, you pay for it. End of rules. I need to know what condition you will accept (NOS, Repop, nice original, etc.) and how much you want to pay. I look at parts pretty critically and walked away from some parts last year because I wouldn't have put them on my car, so you won't get junk unless you ask for junk. I won't make any money off you because you people are like family. It will cost you what I pay plus shipping to you, period.
Steve

390cs68rcode

I am looking for a 428 CS. I would like only a NOS car. will pay whatever it takes. :grin:

in all seriousness...........

I do need a NOS hood to air cleaner seal for a 68.5 CJ Mustang. anything under $800 and I am a buyer. My fingers are crossed.

miller511

Hi Steve,

I'm still looking for a Marv Tonkin Ford license plate frame. He was a dealer in Portland. Within reason ~$20-$40.

Thanks, Jeff

Redwingrobb

Chrome slotted wheels 14x7 with GT center caps-- $300-350 ish. Obviously at that price they don't need to be perfect, just them looking good for a driver--maybe I'm pipe dreaming with the price. Don't car if they're repros...and I'll throw in a little for you cause they're heavy! Robb

Mosesatm

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Jason, your name is on the second 68 1/2 428 CS I find. Happy to help!:grin: Do you have a part number of the seal? I won't buy one unless it's in a Ford package so I know it's original. Robb, the original GT wheels are 14X6. There will be some aftermarket wheel vendors there and I will get a couple of names for you, in case your Ebay auction doesn't pay off. You wouldn't be saving anything by me getting them and having to ship them as opposed to the vendor shipping them. If 14X6 will work for you, I'll be happy to look for some because I need 1 myself. Worse case, I have a set of white ones from a Fairlane I'd sell you. You'd just have to paint them. Jeff, you were actually already on my list and if I find the frames I'm sure they'll be a lot cheaper than that (I love to talk people down on prices).
Steve

Redwingrobb

Getting the names would be just fine. Shipping them would be a bugger. Thanks! Robb

gt bandit

miller511 said:
Hi Steve,

I'm still looking for a Marv Tonkin Ford license plate frame. He was a dealer in Portland. Within reason ~$20-$40.

Thanks, Jeff
Steve

Make that 2 sets of above please -------- or anything else you can find about Marv Tonkin ford ----- again within reason the Aussie $ is only 3/4 of the greenback.

Shaun

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Shaun, I have to apologize. I had "Marv Tonkin Frames" on my list but no name and when Jeff chimed in I assumed it was for him, but I remember now I promised I'd look for you about 6 months ago. Not to fear, I'll look for 2 sets plus any literature I can find- for cheap.:embarass:
Steve

390cs68rcode

don't know the part number but if someone has it they will know EXACTLY what they have.

here is a pic

d7_1.JPG

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Wow, that's quite a seal. I was picturing something like the one on my '71 Mustang. It looks like the seal for the Fairlane Cobra's. I'll check my MPL and see if it's the same and if so, ask on a Torino site I frequent in case someone there has one also.
Steve

OK, I looked it up and the part number is C9ZZ 9D612-A. It is the same as the '69 Cobra's with 428 ram air. There was probably a '68 number originally but it apparently got dropped and the '69 number was used from then on. My book is a '74 edition. I'll ask on the other site to see if anyone has one.
Steve

Last edited:

390cs68rcode

i know the 68 Mustang seal is different than the 69. I do know the non mustang seals for 428's are different. I have a different, teller incorrect one on my car now. all you have to do is say it is for a 68.5 CJ mustang. they will know the differences. I doubt you will find one. needle in a hay stack.

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

OK, I'll look for your needle. You never know. I remember seeing a guy one time that had a trailer full of Boss 429 engines and parts so oddball stuff is out there.
Steve

68gt390

Steve;
I need to retract my comments from the other day about the red seat belt retractors. If you can find 2 red front retractors with no cracks and 2 red shoulder straps that are in decent shape I will need them. After seeing the red belts I put in the car are deluxe belts I'm thinking of staying with them. As far as price, I trust your judgement on what their worth. Besides, I haven't been able to find any.

Thanks

Don

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Oh boy! A blank check!:grin: Let's see, I need a new 4 speed... Just kidding. I'll look for some for you and keep the price reasonable.
Steve