• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Quarter Extensions

Mark Puls

Can anybody explain the difference between CS extensions and normal 68 extensions? I keep going to swap meets and can't tell what I am looking for.

I just removed my extensions and they are different on the inside. One looks smooth and the other has visible fiberglass. Which one is original?

Hope to post some pics of each later.

Thanks Mark

rvrtrash

Normal 68 extensions are made of pot metal and taper down towards the lights. CS extensions are fiberglass and have the spoiler shape moulded into them. They are fairly smooth on the inside and have a pinkish color to them, where not painted. The bolts/studs screw into bosses or pedastals that are part of the moulding. I built up and reshaped mine because they didn't fit very well, the car had been repainted in the past, and I thought the body prep guy had gotten carried away with the sander. This is of course before I found out the originals don't fit that well. Oops!

Steve

PFSlim

Here is mine. They came from Branda. They needed a lot of work to make them fit the curvature of the rear quarter panels, but I had didn't have any to start with.

Paul

Attachments

• Stang222.jpg
    Stang222.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 25