• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 gtcs grand torino california special mustang

AADaddy

Man, this car keeps popping up. Must be something really wrong with it. It was for sale back in October when I picked up mine. I was never aware of the cross over Gran Torino GTCS Mustang. Those sneaky Ford Marketing guys!:icon_lol::rolleyes:

gt/csj4

Isn't it Gran Touring? And it looks well presented but something is off...like, a lot

Last edited:

dalorzo_f

We do not have a Marti Report

Hmm... guess that $25 is too much to ask to validate the car! :wink:

Wrong hood, regular hood bumpers, no twist lock brackets, wrong grille, don't apper to be holes fro CS rear scripts or reflectors.... could guess some fiberglass on the sides and rear... but the decklid does have the right holes for the Mustang script.... and the VIN falls in for a 15C build date and right among many in the registry... maybe a front clip scaring folks off...?

somethingspecial

Isn't it Gran Touring? And it looks well presented but something is off...like, a lot

I thought GT stood for Good Times, which is more fitting to what I have with mine. I emailed the guy about the Marti Report and he told me: "I never knew what a Marti report was until a couple weeks ago and after finding out what they cost I know I wont be getting one. Thanks". So there you are.

AADaddy

Hmmm, I always thought GT stood for Get Tires! Mainly because the tread always seems to disappear on my rear tires. Ha! Ha! Ha!:cheesy:

Last edited:

CougarCJ

I think the basic report costs $17.

In January I went to Barrett-Jackson, and we also visited Marti Autoworks for his open house.
We got a private tour with Kevin, he says that he does all of the Marti Reports himself.
I asked him if your name sounded familiar, he said, absolutely.

clubpro

I have ordered a Marti report for this car. It is only $15 for a basic report that is emailed to you. Mike I will forward it on to you once I receive it.

Cheers,

Ron

somethingspecial

Marti report is in.

Clubpro sent me the Marti for this car, It is a confirmed GT/CS. Thanks Ron.

clubpro

Here is the entire report.

Attachments

• 8R01C150141_stdrpt.pdf
    119.8 KB · Views: 62

franklinair

I looked at the ad on E-Bay. Seller is not an automobile type business based on his previously sold items.
I sent an inquiry to the seller, with several questions re:the car. Charlotte, NC is about a 3 hour drive from me (if things sound interesting) and I'm sure I can sweet talk Peggy into a short road trip (her daughter lives near there) if I think its a worthwhile endeavor.

Neil

franklinair

Im going to Charlotte tomorrow (Tuesday) to look at this car. I'll let youknow of my findings/opinion & photos.

Neil