• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Cracked Power Steering Control Valve

Perkchiro

Here's an interesting tidbit regarding my car. I rebuilt my power steering control valve, installed it and connected all the new hoses. I rebuilt my power steering pump and all looked well. I have test run my engine several times and each time I found a puddle of power steering fluid under my car. I re tightened my hose connections and it still leaked. I jacked up the car on Saturday and took a work light under it to inspect it a little closer. I found a crack in the control valve. So, I spent the rest of day dismantling my steering linkage and removing the control valve. It's an original part made by Bendix.
I'm trying to track down a replacement for a decent price through my local auto parts store. I notice that NPD has a new one for $335. A bit pricey. Anyone else experience this problem?

Steve In Missouri

68gt390

Steve;
Depending on what you want, original rebuilt unit or a flaming river unit. I can get you a new flaming river replacement unit for about $280.00 or you can call Roger at 419-468-5182 in Galia Ohio about a rebuilt unit. He's pretty resonable on price. Let me know what you want to do.

Don :cool:

PFSlim

Steve

We still have all of our power steering stuff, which was all rebuilt, that we are not going to use. I pulled it all out to switch back to manual steer car. Let me know if I can help out.

Paul

OP
OP
Perkchiro

Perkchiro

Thanks Paul, I appreciate the offer. I've actually considered switching over to manual, but after careful consideration, I'm going to keep it with PS. I just ordered a new Flaming River unit from Summit. Should get here before the week-end so guess what I'll be doing this Saturday? Seems like I've done alot of "do overs" on this car. Did you do that too?

Steve in Missouri

PFSlim

Yes. Doesn't everybody?? Keep me in mind if you need something else. I am glad to be manual steer now. I think the car drives much better on the road, worse in tight spots.

When will you be sending me some new pics of the car??

Paul