• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Hood bumpers: which are the right ones?

dalorzo_f

Most I've seen are like the first set, no dimple in the top, at least on the 67's and 68's I've owned. Maybe the C5ZZ were an early option that chnged out sometime during the '65 prodcution run...

But the FAM's call out a C4ZB part.... but a different one for 67-68 to earlier years..

Mosesatm

The Ford Part Manual shows '65-'68 Mustangs using C5ZZ-16763-B.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Thanks Arlie!! So the second link is the correct one for our cars. Nice!!

Mosesatm

I wouldn't swear to that. All I'm saying is that the book says it is but as we all know Ford did some strange things when it came to the GT/CS.

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Interesting fact: The seller of the first link says the bumpers were also used on the trunk lid of the GT/CS

Mosesatm

He probably got that bogus information from the part manual. Section 166, page 12 has a note that says, "For rear deck door over slam".

nfrntau

I thought I'd add, just in case any new folks are reading in.
There is no bumper installed at the trunk lid on the GT/CS. Only a small foam rectangle.