• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

My 1st parade

aemoo28

Tonight I drove in my 1st parade with my '08 CS. It was the only CS/only '08. They put me with the '07 Shelby. Uck. Next to the black Shelby with white stripes, side scoops, everything just like my car. AND these side stripes said "GT/SC" on it for Carrol Shelby. I heard more than once how "great" it was to have the "black Shelbys" end the mustang section of this parade.

May I find the strength to stay calm in the next parade in 2 weeks, where I will be teamed up with this same look alike. :icon_dead

HappyHour

:tongue: How did you keep your mph under 130?? Well soon youll have a black 68 with a black 08 to box out that Shelby.

Midnight Special

Tonight I drove in my 1st parade with my '08 CS. It was the only CS/only '08. They put me with the '07 Shelby. Uck. Next to the black Shelby with white stripes, side scoops, everything just like my car. AND these side stripes said "GT/SC" on it for Carrol Shelby. I heard more than once how "great" it was to have the "black Shelbys" end the mustang section of this parade.

May I find the strength to stay calm in the next parade in 2 weeks, where I will be teamed up with this same look alike. :icon_dead

...We get that all the time. 'Lots of comments ie; "there's one of those Shelby coupes, Shelby California Special etc... It's understandable that the announcer would get it wrong unless you filled out a separate info card. The masses only go by the scoops & tail lights on the '68s. Not much you can do but have a good time & enjoy. When they're interested enough to actually approach you is when you educate 'em. They are the only ones worth the while...

Attachments

• IM003203.JPG
    IM003203.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IM003204.JPG
    IM003204.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 27

hotrodgrany

I haven't put my GT/CS in a parade as of yet, as they always want my convertible. The first one my husband took as I was getting ready for the parade for my home towns 125th , and he caught me. the other two while in the parade. I love taking mine, you should hear them as I pass, they love when sort of do a mini burn out, you know what I mean, make it talk some. You should hear my husband, he's loving it to.

Attachments

• 574115-R1-00-24A_0011.JPG
    574115-R1-00-24A_0011.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 574115-R1-16-8A_0177.JPG
    574115-R1-16-8A_0177.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 574115-R1-17-7A_0188.JPG
    574115-R1-17-7A_0188.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Good parade pics. Need to put a camera in the crowd for the Friday parade in Lake City. The picture from my first car show was taken in case I placed (didn't place- it's a 2008 and they can't place), and the stripe didn't show. It looked just like a GT. The other CS cars didn't have their stripes out either. The '07 Vista Blue that placed 1st had stripes that were still sleeping also. Kinda liking HRG's bright white stripe.

Oh no, is this red vert the one that was hit?

hotrodgrany

You got it and know I have been contacted by her insurance agent. Monday I am having her checked out. She had the nerve to call in where I work, but Daddy picked up what she ordered. I just wanted to see her face to face....