• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hood bumpers

Doug

I am I missing something? I was driving down a side street yesterday and noticed a 68 Mustang sitting in a driveway. And of course I had to stop, it turned out to be a 390X code automatic with air. It needs a total redo, but no visible rust.

The owner was glad to show it to me and while I was looking at it I saw “Hood Bumpers” on the fenders. The question that I have is this stock? If so my car over the years must have lost them. CAN anyone send me a photo of the correct location?

Thanks – and yes I am talking to him about buying it. Any idea as to it’s worth? S I said it is a X code 390 automatic, I don’t think that it has disc brakes or GT package is that possible?

Thanks Doug

franklinair

Do you have an NPD catalog? See page 146.
If no catalog, go to their website, look up P/N 16758-2K, and 16763-2K. My gallery pic's show the 2 L & R rear bumpers.

Neil

BroadwayBlue

Doug,

Which bumpers are you talking about? The soft rubber or the hard "mushroom" type?

Neil gave you both numbers. There should be 4 of the soft rubber and 2 of the hard type. I think the hard type are not mounted in the regular Mustang position on our cars due to the hood locks. (someone correct me if I'm wrong please.)

The attached picture from Russ' car shows both types.

Attachments

• 100_0064 - Copy.jpg
    100_0064 - Copy.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 33

nates68

Your Right. I Was Just Getting Ready To Write The Same Answer.
Our Gt/cs Are Differnt Then A Stock 68 Due To The Locks.

Nates68

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

Thanks - and what I have said many times before this siter is just the best. Whats really great about this site is that you get "correct" input and quick feed back. Thanks

carezcs

Doug
If you want to come over and look at or measure mine you are more than welcome.
Bruce

BroadwayBlue

Doug
If you want to come over and look at or measure mine you are more than welcome.
Bruce

Nope I'm not touching this one with a 10' pole

:eek: :lipsseal: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :lipsseal:

Sorry just couldn't resist :cool:

carezcs

That's the difference between East coast and West coast humor!!! Think it must have something to do with the cold.
Bruce

P

PNewitt

Nope I'm not touching this one with a 10' pole

:eek: :lipsseal: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :icon_no: :lipsseal:

Sorry just couldn't resist :cool:

Leave it to you to say what crossed my my mind, but I wouldn't dare post.

You guys crack me up....

Paul N.

BroadwayBlue

That's the difference between East coast and West coast humor!!! Think it must have something to do with the cold.
Bruce

No offense intended Bruce - I think you knew that though.

I clicked on "NEW" link on the New Posts page without reading the topic and that popped up at the top of my screen and that's all I saw. I read it and said huh? :eek: I laughed and then had to scroll up to remind myself what the thread was about.

For what it's worth I got a good needed chuckle out of it .. still am :rofl:

Last edited:

franklinair

Boy am I glad to know I'm not the only one with a devious thought process. You all are BAAD.

Neil

carezcs

No offense taken Rich. I didn't think that there were to many other people out there like me with a "sicko" mind!!! Boy our meeting a Galpin may be REALLY interesting!