• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Front Fender "Mustang" Script Emblem

1968Cally

So when my car was restored, The Mustang script Emblems were not put on for whatever reason. I am assuming that this was a choice made by the owner.

I have bought the emblems and now need measurements from reference points for both the left and right sides. Could someone help me out here?

Also, what size drill bit do you use for the push nuts? Any other advice on the best way to drill to minimize the possibility of the drill bit walking?

Thanks.

Dave

Ruppstang

So when my car was restored, The Mustang script Emblems were not put on for whatever reason. I am assuming that this was a choice made by the owner.

I have bought the emblems and now need measurements from reference points for both the left and right sides. Could someone help me out here?

Also, what size drill bit do you use for the push nuts? Any other advice on the best way to drill to minimize the possibility of the drill bit walking?

Thanks.

Dave

Unless your fenders are aftermarket you should be able to see where the holes were from the inside.

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Must be after market as I took off the splash shields and no evidence of holes

franklinair

I checked my Black CS and took some photos of the location (right front fender) of the script holes. Hope these help.
The measurements were taken from the fender ridge downward, and from the fender trailing edge horizontally. You should be able to transpose the measurements for the left fender.
NPD carries the script (P/N 16098-13), tube nuts (P/N 16228-3AK and/or 16228-1K). I'm not sure of the tube nut application, but they're cheap enough I'd order duplicates of each.

Neil

I'm sorry the photos are rotated 90 degrees.:confused: They are the correct orientation in my computer, but rotated when I post them.

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

I checked my Black CS and took some photos of the location (right front fender) of the script holes. Hope these help.
The measurements were taken from the fender ridge downward, and from the fender trailing edge horizontally. You should be able to transpose the measurements for the left fender.
NPD carries the script (P/N 16098-13), tube nuts (P/N 16228-3AK and/or 16228-1K). I'm not sure of the tube nut application, but they're cheap enough I'd order duplicates of each.

Neil

I'm sorry the photos are rotated 90 degrees.:confused: They are the correct orientation in my computer, but rotated when I post them.
Wow. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I have the rotation problem on this and other sites when I use my iPhone. I can save your pics to my PC and rotate them - no problem.
I got the Scott Drake scripts and tube nuts already from NPD. The scripts came with the tube nuts so I do have a spare set. Now all I have to do is mount the courage to drill some holes. I may just ask the shop that did the body work for my concours restoration of my '66 to do it.

hatchdog

Neil, just a side note. I’ve noticed that while your picture thumbnails are rotated in the post itself when I open the pics they are correctly oriented. This is using an I-pad anyway.

Mike

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Neil, just a side note. I’ve noticed that while your picture thumbnails are rotated in the post itself when I open the pics they are correctly oriented. This is using an I-pad anyway.

Mike
That's interesting as they are still sideways when I open them on my PC. Maybe Apple "gets it right" when the pics are taken on an iPhone.

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Neil

Neil,

After a year and a half, I finally mounted my fender scripts today. Thanks again for these measurements. They took the guesswork and angst out of the job. My big fear was the drill "walking" but it didn't. One more item off the to-do list. In the picture, it looks like the script is going downhill. But it is not. Just the angle I held the camera at.

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_2055.jpg
    IMG_2055.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 24