• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marchal 651 lamp used on what?

gtcs1

I bought a 651 lamp and thought it was the same or pretty close to the 653/656. I got it and realize now it is a bit shallower, the front bezel is thicker in gauge. The lense seems the same.

What car was it used on?

Should I keep it as a parts lamp, assuming some of the parts are the same?

Thanks

P

PNewitt

I'm guessing that the 651 Marchal was out sometime around 1965. The 656 was out in late '66.

The reflector housing, and the bulb socket should be the same. I'd keep it, and resell it to some Ferrari collector that "has to have one"--in Hemmings for "big bucks" (try $200-400). Marchals were on a lot of the 1960's Ferraris, some round, and some rectangular--all with that same cone in the glass.

Could you post a photo of it?

thanks--interesting.

Paul N.