• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS model on cover of magazine

Diesel Donna

I was at Barnes and Noble this evening and spotted the November issue of Toy Review magazine with the Acapulco Blue CS diecast model on the cover.
I thought it looked terrible! It looks like it has glittery paint (like a bass boat!) and the roof looks dusty, white walls look like they are too far out from the edge of the rim too.

Inside the magazine is a detailed story with pictures telling exactly how Greenlight makes the diecast model. They noted that the pictures are of a prototype for a 2006 Corvette Z06 but you can clearly see that the last four photos with the model in it are the California Special. Last page shows an ad for Greenlight collectibles. The photo of that car looks good.

~~~Donna

Midnight Special

Donna, the October issue of "Toy Cars & Models" has an ad on page 11 accepting pre-orders for what looks to be a dead ringer of your Med Sled!

1/18 scale, detailed gurney, medicine cabinets, oxy bottles & more...
$99, available in 3 color combos. Visit: www.diecastauto.com

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Thanks Tim!! It was also in the most recent edition of the Professional Car Society newsletter. It IS a dead ringer, I was so stoked when I saw that! Both of my cars are 1:18 models now...who would have ever thought I would have a model of both my rare cars. I ordered the model a week ago, they are back ordered for January.
Speaking of rare..the newsletter had a feature about 'How rare is your car?" It said that the most sought after ambulance is a Cadillac hightop and if it is a S&S it is even more rare. Guess what mine is!!! Yaaay!!
Thanks for looking out for me Tim, I appreciate it!

~~~~Donna

P

PNewitt

What would all of you think if I made 1:18th replacement decals (white, red, blue, black) for the GT/CS toy car, and dissassembly-assembly instructions (and spray paint color codes), so you could make it to match your own GT/CS?

Donna, would you like the 1:18th scale figure (that I'll make) of you; sitting at the wheel, standing, or laying on the gurney for your Cadillac WooWoo? :p

-Paul.

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

OMG Paul! Hahahaaa, yeah knock yourself out!

I would like to have the mini stripes in white and disassembly/assembly information for sure.

Still laffin'~~~~Donna

P

PNewitt

channel surfing in OT land..

OOPS! In an "O.T." world....for a justa second...
http://www.hearseclub.com/images/gallery2007/00ambulances/ambulances.htm

(or look at "google Images" for the Jerry Lewis movie: "Orderly Disorderly")

think of the "diorama" possibilities with that toy ambulance.

uummmm.....what type of diorama scenes would one make with a GT/CS toy car? Palm trees, surfboards, the TV commercial? Drag race? etc???

Paul.

Midnight Special

Diesel Donna said:
Thanks Tim!! It was also in the most recent edition of the Professional Car Society newsletter. It IS a dead ringer, I was so stoked when I saw that! Both of my cars are 1:18 models now...who would have ever thought I would have a model of both my rare cars. I ordered the model a week ago, they are back ordered for January.
Speaking of rare..the newsletter had a feature about 'How rare is your car?" It said that the most sought after ambulance is a Cadillac hightop and if it is a S&S it is even more rare. Guess what mine is!!! Yaaay!!
Thanks for looking out for me Tim, I appreciate it!

~~~~Donna

That's awesome DD! Anchored along Hwy. 49 here is a (Boulevard Yaght) black '63 Cadillac limo for sale that I was actually contemplating... Every year, our friends host a limo party/ scavenger hunt where we go around town knockin' on doors asking for stupid (& sometimes erotic) items from people. You win tickets to a Reno show, or a case of your favorite hooch if you complete your list! People are blown away at a limo pulling into their driveway and a bunch of "crazies" invading the neighborhood.... Imagine an old funeral limo or Med Sled. 'Talk about "getting attention" ;-) ;-) ;-)