• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Amazing Find !!

gt bandit

Crew ,

recently i decided to sand blast the engine bay of my car to make it look sweet.
The sand blaster told me to remove my floor mats to avoid trying to vacuum sand out of them that might come through any uncovered holes in the firewall. :cry:

So i duly did as i was told , after removing the carpets i was left with the underlay.

firstly I was extremely happy to find original floors in absolutely excellent shape - cool :cheesy:

secondly after removing one of the passenger side underlay - i found this paper drink cup that was obviously used on the line in 1968. its in pretty good condition for living under the floor for so long. It has some wacky references to management proposals / suggestion box programs. :eek: :eek: :eek:
check the photos below -

Attachments

• water cup 1968 003 web.jpg
    water cup 1968 003 web.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 81
  • water cup 1968 009web.jpg
    water cup 1968 009web.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 88
  • water cup 1968 010web.jpg
    water cup 1968 010web.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 85
  • water cup 1968 011web.jpg
    water cup 1968 011web.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 85

68gt390

That's pretty neat. Looks like the cup faired pretty good under the carpet considering how long it's been there.

Don

robert campbell

THIS IS SO COOL!!!! I have never seen anything like this before on any website or book!! Keep it under glass and safe. A memory from the workers who built your car.

I worked in the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton Washington for many years. We had an old building that had huge support posts that were really 4 posts with a lattice type steel on all 4 sides that joined the 4 posts together. A very convienent place to stuff a drink cup, empty cigarette pack or whatever. One day a guy noticed stuff at the floor level between the posts. He cleaned everyone in the building. Found all sorts of packaging for products all the way back to world war 2 times. What a display of times gone by!!

Keep your cup safe!! What a rare find!!

Rob

Diesel Donna

Cool beans!!!

Hahahaaa...get the DNA from it and track down the Ford plant worker!

P

PNewitt

EBAY!!! EBAY!!!! LOL!!

This is an awesome find. This beats the faded coffee cup (with a cow on it) I know of -- found in a rear quarter panel by another owner...

I'll need some really good photos of it --for the book! This is really cool!

--and to think it made it all the way to OZ, too!

Paul.

John McGilvary

Cool find !!!!!
Thats better than the hairpins and ear rings I found under my CS's back seat
when I took it out the other day for the first time in almost 40 years.
Did you find a build sheet ? Thats what I'm looking for.

John

Diesel Donna

Cool find !!!!!
Thats better than the hairpins and ear rings I found under my CS's back seat
when I took it out the other day for the first time in almost 40 years.
Did you find a build sheet ? Thats what I'm looking for.

John

Dang John... was it a pair of earrings or just one? I've heard stories about backseats...but in a MUSTANG? :wink:

John McGilvary

Dang John... was it a pair of earrings or just one? I've heard stories about backseats...but in a MUSTANG? :wink:

Ya Donna, I found 3 earrings, but no pairs. And all the stories about backseats are true, even in Mustangs. " Where theres a will theres a way ".

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

No i haven't found the build sheet john, thats what i was hoping for.

Paul - I will take some really High Res pictures , but how do i get them to you?

I am just wrapped about the state of the floors - looks brand new
shaun