• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Grille rivet tool and rivets

lnevill

Hey guys, long time no post but I'm always lurking around!!

When I restored Bonnie and Clyde 5 years ago I went to great lengths to make the repro grille look just like an original (sorry Ricky, it is a repro but with the original fog lamp supports and really nice rivets!!). I purchased a tool and the correct rivets and the when I was done I offered them to the board for others to use. Last I saw the tool and rivets had been used by several members and were last forwarded to "SJACKS" by "Cool Manchu".

I've had another request for the tool and rivets and was hoping someone on the board knows where they are and could offer them up to the next person who needs them.

Thanks!
Lee Nevill

Ricky Knapik

Imagine my surprise when I saw the scoop come up on a post! LOL! No worries Lee, it's beautiful! I hope you find the tool.

OP
OP
lnevill

lnevill

Rivet Photos

Neil,

Not sure what you mean by photo's of rivet installation (you put the rivet in and smack the tool with a hammer!).

Here are a couple photo's of B&C's grille with the correct rivets.

The tool and a bag of rivets are out there, just need the last user to step up and offer it to the board....

Lee

Attachments

• rivets top.jpg
    rivets top.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 72
  • rivets bottom.jpg
    rivets bottom.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 76

Tequila

Hi, does anyone know where I could find the top brackets as shown in Post #5 by Lee.

Thank you.

robert campbell

Waste of money.... you ask!

Personally I prefer the Marchal look. They sit more centered in the grill mount area up and down. Marchal's look more like a factory installation IMO. I always felt the Lucas fog light looks more like an "ad on" back in the day. I put a round fog light set on my first Mustang, a 1967 Fastback. Mounted similar to a Lucas light.

My "2 cents"...…

Rob

CougarCJ

x2, the 'floating look' of the Marchal fog lights in the grille, is more pleasing from a design stand point.