• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ebay Cars? Can we really effect what they sell?

68gt390

We do have an effect on what folks list on ebay and how they try and sell their cars. To give you a good example, there is currently a GT/CS for sale on ebay which started out as a "T" code engine and 3 speed trans. When I contacted the individual on the car he was very polite and responded to my email. He was totally unaware that the car was a six cylinder. He has since changed his add and added material to it. If you think we do not have an impact, think again. We just need to stay active in what we watch for. I think it is our responsiblity to protect the integrity and the "BLOODLINE" of our cars. Some may consider me to be anal but, I own one of these cars and I refuse to let some phony degrade what we all have. This particular person is not one of those folks, he just didn't know what he really had. It's a very nice car and if I didn't have my GT/CS would consider it. That's my view on the subject. This is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4506679926

Don 8)

classicsguy

Don: I have to agree with you. Many people do not know what they have and they inform what the person they bought the car tell them without verifying the facts. I saw that 'T' code car that has now a 302.
I remember that about 2 years ago there was a CS on E bay advertised as the BEST RESTORED CALIFORNIA SPECIAL ON THIS PLANET, or something along those lines. Members of this forum starting questioning the car and the flaws that were obviously shown in pictures and after dozens of questions started arriving to seller he removed ad and the car was not even a CS.
In other words we definetly have an effect and its our mission to educate people about these cars and their special features. Let's keep our eyes open and inform people about these cars because that's the purpose of this forum.