• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Taillights problem

Magnum

I am hoping that someone can help me with a problem that I have encountered with the taillights on my GT/CS. When I took the car apart to have it painted, everything was working fine. I have now reassembled the rear end of the car and my taillights no longer work. My reverse lights work and my license plate light works but that is it. I have juice getting to the taillight harness but it ends there. I am assuming that I have a ground problem but I cannot figure it out. Right or wrong, the two ground wires that I have on the harness are sticking out of it and I have them attached to the end cap bolts. I believe that is the way they were when I purchased the car but I may be wrong. I would think the lights would work as long as I have those two wires grounded to something but am I missing it somewhere? Do these two wires typically ground to the taillight housing and is that where my problem lies? If it is, is there anything that I can do short of taking the entire rear assembly apart?

Thanks in advance!

CALIF GIRL

The ground wire should be located in the middle, between both tail light connectors and should attached close to or around the gas cap area on the inside of the trunk.