• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'68 Wheels

Andrew

excellent choice of wheels, the tire size really fills up the wheel wells, nice choice of license plate as well

hookedtrout

[quote author=Russ link=board=1;threadid=1499;start=15#msg9043 date=1111959002]
Hook, I'm not sure my Mustang is a muscle car, maybe just a 302 pony car.
Russ
[/quote]

Looks pretty tough to me! ;)

Hook

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

[quote author=007bluto link=board=1;threadid=1499;start=0#msg8933 date=1111785841]
Shelby 10 Spoke's with BFG GForce Tires, Look awsome!!!!!! ;D 8)
[/quote]

If you don't mind me asking, what size of GForce are you using? Also, I've seen the chrome Shelby center caps before, ... were they a stock or optional item? I think it's kinda cool that though the "CS" represents Carol Shelby, it can also be thought of as Cal Special ;)

007bluto

The Shelby 10 spoke wheels were an option you could get, the CS center cap came with the rims. The wheels that I posted are Vintage Wheel Works V50's rim size 16x8 w/4-1/2" BS, You can buy the CS center caps from Cal mustang. The tires are 225 50 R16 BFG G-Force. Bluto

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

I found a real cool website regarding 10-spoke wheels:

http://www.1968cobra.com/spokes.HTML

On another post, someone mentioned how one 10-spoke rim reproduction was more accurate than another due to the valve stem location. Well, per this website, it came in either location depending upon which version you have!
There's also other info regarding '68 Shelbys which can come in handy. Check it out 8)

68gt390

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1499;start=0#msg8892 date=1111721099]
For Mustanger: The wheels are P215/70R 14. I'm running same size on the rear. There is a company (which I have a catalogue for) that makes these same rims in 15's. I plan on swapping out to those this summer sometime to get me a little more tire on the road to handle the power from the 390. I'll look for it and post the site address so you can see what they offer. The rims are very hard to tell apart from factory and they even come complete with the GT center caps. The factory 14's are only 7" rims and really don't allow for a very wide tire. I'm running L-60 mickey thompsons on my GT and that was the widest tire I could get on the factory rim.

Don ;)

[/quote]

Finally found the catalogue for the above rims I spoke about. This is their site:

http://www.wheelvintiques.com/

They have some pretty neat rims they offer.

Don ;)

Last edited: