• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Another one back on the road!

AADaddy

Well it finally happened. I promised my son I would take him to the last day of Kindergarten in the GT/CS so I had to get it road worthy in time. Had to get an assist from a friend of mine that is a Mechanic to wrap it up. But we made it! Had to stay up to 2 am in order to wash off the barn find look, wax it, and get the rest of the interior back in! My son got to be the coolest kid at school that day. We got the best spot in front of the school and he made sure to take every friend out to show them the car.

I have a few things left to do. For now she'll be a driver. Going to wait a year or two for paint. Want to enjoy it for once instead of having it torn apart in the garage!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4414.jpg
    IMG_4414.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4416.jpg
    IMG_4416.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 70

Ruppstang

Great story, it will be a day that your son will never forget and those are priceless.
This was a picture of my son's newly restored 68 eleven years ago. Boy was he proud and did not mind the girls hanging around either.
Marty

Attachments

• Travis's 1968 Mustang.jpg
    Travis's 1968 Mustang.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 89

azbeneman

Great story! I am hoping to have mine back on the road so I can take my kids to school in it by the end of August. Your story will help keep me focused on the prize.

mbsf1970

Nice!!!!
Last year, I let my newly licensed 14 yr old daughter drive my Gt/Cs as her first drive. It lasted 3 minutes and no one was harmed in the process....

It's all about the memories you create.

Stephen

sam

great job on the restoration, and congrats on your son's graduation from kindergarten .
.....you've made some great memories !
Sam

BroadwayBlue

Nice!!!!
Last year, I let my newly licensed 14 yr old daughter drive my Gt/Cs as her first drive. It lasted 3 minutes and no one was harmed in the process....

It's all about the memories you create.

Stephen

The driving age in Canada is 14?

I'm not sure I'm letting my daughter drive at 16 yet and she's only 12 :icon_pani

68 special

Yes, you have created some great memories.
I let my Son drive mine a few years ago to the last day of high school. he still talks about it. I offered it to my Daughter, but she flat refused until it has power steering.

your car looks great.

Bret