• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted 1968 GT/CS grill

classicsguy

Probably a long shot but...Anybody with a used original grill in good condition with the grill Marchal brackets.
If you or anyone you know may have one please let me know.
Thanks

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

Thanks Dalorzo,I emailed the seller but apparently he is firm on the price and I think its too expensive...made him an offer but was turned down...will keep looking...

somethingspecial

Folks, That grille is incorrect. Those look to be GT brackets turned around. Don't waste you money on this grille.

x-codegtcs

Good catch Mike! I thought it looked wrong too. I am not home to compare, but I think that the GTCS brackets are 3 rows wide and I know they don't start at the bottom row grid-more like third row from the bottom.

x-codegtcs

Ok so not to hijack-what is the market for the repos of the brackets? Can anyone guess how many pair would sell a year - just guesses...

AADaddy

I emailed the guy with the fake grill when it first popped up on ebay. He insists it is a to spec GT/CS grill. Hope nobody falls into that trap. A big ticket item for something that is not correct. Anybody checked in on Delta Bay Mustang to see if they are making the brackets for the fog lights again?

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I called Delta bay today and spoke to owner Tom..he said that the guy who reproduced them passed away and he is getting some else to make them and it will be aprox 1 month before they can have them in stock, but he has several back orders and I gave him my phone number so he can call me when they are in...the price was (Dont know if still will be) $89.95 per pair.