• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS books

CALIF GIRL

I found both My GT/CS registry books fire charred and soaking wet in the garage. I also had all the mustang magazines with GT/CS'S in them I have collected over the years in there....Hopefully when the books dry they will still be readable.

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 35

Mustanger

... from the 2nd link...

Books can be successfully dried by the following methods:
Interleave every 10 pages with absorbent paper (any more interleaving than this may damage the binding). Change the absorbent paper, placing new sheets between different pages every hour to promote drying. Remember to be very careful when interleaving wet books.
Alternatively, if the book is strong enough, stand it upright and fan it open to air dry until it is only slightly damp. Drying can be assisted by using a fan.
As with single sheet items, when the book is just slightly damp lay it flat, interleave every ten pages with fresh absorbent paper and press it lightly under a weight to help it dry flat. Change the interleaving hourly between different pages to promote drying. If additional weight is necessary a house brick or equivalent weight can be used on top of the glass or board.
Care should be taken not to crush or distort book spines. This can be avoided by not over interleaving and by not pressing the spines. When pressing, allow the spine to protrude slightly from under the weight to prevent damage.
Books with glossy or coated papers that have stuck together are difficult to separate and should be referred to a conservator.
Don't try to dry a book by pressing out the water. This can cause the pages to stick together.
Avoid drying material in sunlight as this can cause yellowing, fading and uneven drying, damaging the structure.