• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Rocker molding removal?

AADaddy

Has anyone out there gotten rid of the rocker molding when they restored their GTCS? Looking for pictures. I'm contemplating it but haven't found any pics of a GTCS without it. Wonder if it would not look right.

1968Cally

Well, you can just snap off your moldings and see how it looks. Granted, the clips will still be there but it should give you a good idea.

If you decide to keep it off, you will have to remove the clips, fill the holes and do some repainting. Would not be orth it to me but that is just personal opinion and my liking to keep a limited production car as stock as possible/practical.

Mosesatm

Here’s one.

Attachments

• D02E5608-D403-41D3-B2BB-C8819DA58E46.jpeg
    D02E5608-D403-41D3-B2BB-C8819DA58E46.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 59
OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Thanks! That really does look good. I see you got rid of the trim on the wheel arches too. I have been thinking about that too.

Mosesatm

This is Bill's (nfrntau) car.
Here's a side view. Just ignore the sullen teenager.

Attachments

• DSCF1359 Cropped.jpg
    DSCF1359 Cropped.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Ah, got it! Thanks for letting me know. I do like the look. My car is going to paint hopefully in the next month after body work. I noticed at a show last weekend a lot of people have been removing the rocker moldings from their cars. The shop doing the work felt I should remove them too. I was surprised as he is normally a traditionalist and would want to leave things as is.

CaliStang68

AADaddy,
How are your rocker molding's? I might be in the market for some if their condition and the price is right.
Thanks
Rick

robert campbell

This is Bill's (nfrntau) car.
Here's a side view. Just ignore the sullen teenager.

Arlie,
I have been helping Bill with his new Ford Racing Performance 427 Crate Motor conversion. He is stepping up big time in the power department! I like to call it "stupid" fast!

Rob

OP
OP
A

AADaddy

Rick the moldings are trash. Really beat up bad. I went to visit my car today and came full circle on this. Going to keep the moldings. They had a car there similar to presidential blue with the moldings removed. It didn't look quite right to me. So I'm back on board with keeping them! We'll see how I feel tomorrow! LOL!

CaliStang68

AADaddy,
Personally I like them. I looked at removing mine early on but came to the same conclusion as you did. Ok, well thanks. If you find some good ones let me know. E-bay had some but not they are gone now and the rest are crazy expensive.
Rick