• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68' GTCS FOR SALE IN PA - ALL ORIGINAL CAR - UNDER 45,000 ORG MILES!!!

stangchick68

HI EVERYONE -

IT IS WITH GREAT REGRET THAT I MUST SELL MY BELOVED MUSTANG. WE ARE MOVING ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO A SMALLER HOME AND IT DOES NOT MAKE SINCE TO MOVE IT THAT FAR.

THIS IS A GREAT CAR. IT WAS BUILT IN SAN JOSE AND IS ALL ORIGINAL EXCEPT FOR A FEW MINOR RESTORATIONS. IT HAS UNDER 45,000 ORIGINAL MILES. I AM NOT SURE THE EXACT MILEAGE. THE CAR COMES WITH ALL ORIGINAL PARTS THAT HAVE BEEN REMOVED FOR COSMETICS.

WE ARE THE 4TH OWNERS OF THE CAR. IT WAS ORIGINALLY PURCHASED IN CA AND THEN IT WENT TO AZ AND THEN TO NJ AND TO LIVE WITH US IN PA. I AM PRETTY SURE I CAN FIND THE ORIGINAL CALIFORNIA PLATES. THIS HAS BEEN A WELL CARED FOR CAR. THE ORIGINAL OWNER HAD IT FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND THEN SOLD IT TO THE 2ND OWNER WHO HAD IT UNTIL 1998 WHEN HE SOLD IT TO THE 3RD OWNER WHO BOUGHT IT FOR HIS WIFE. SHE NEVER WENT TO ANY SHOWS OR DROVE IT SO HE SOLD IT TO US. THIS CAR HAS NEVER SEEN BAD WEATHER. WE NEVER DROVE IT IN THE RAIN OR ANY TYPE OF ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS. WE WERE TOLD THAT THE OTHER OWNERS DID THE SAME THING. I WILL HAVE PICTURES OF THE UNDERSIDE SOON.

THIS IS A GREAT LOOKING CAR AND HAS WON AND PLACED AT SEVERAL SHOWS.

THIS HAS THE ORIGIANL 289 ENGINE, THAT HAD A MINOR REVAMP IN 2002. THE REVAMP CONSISTED OF CLEANING UP THE ENGING REMOVING IT. REPAINTING THE ENGINE COMAPARTMENT. WE ALSO REPLACED MANY PARTS WITH NOS PARTS. ALL SEALS, HOSES,E TC. ARE NEW. IT RUNS GREAT AND THE CAR IS CURRENTLY GETTING A CHECK UP/ONCE OVER AT OUR LOCAL GARAGE.

THE TRANSMISSION WAS REBUILT IN 2002 WHEN WE REVAMP THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT. IT ALSO HAS NEW SHOCKS.

THE WHEELS ARE THE GT STYLE CHROME WHEELS. THE CAR ALSO COMES WITH THE ORIGINAL STEEL ARGENT WHEELS. THE REAR TIRES ARE IN GOOD SHAPE AND THE FRONT TIRES ARE BRAND NEW WE JUST HAD THEM REPLACED. ONE OF THE TIRES HAD A SLOW LEAK.

THE INTERIOR IS IN GREAT SHAPE. THE BACK SEAT LOOKS LIKE NO ONE HAS EVER SAT ON IT. ALL SEATBELTS ARE THERE. WE REPLACED ONE WINDOW CRANK AND REPLACED THE DOOR INSERTS. WE HAVE THE ORIGINAL FLOOR MATS. THE ONLY ISSUE IS THE FRONT SEATS ARE THE ORIGINAL SEATS AND WE HAD PLANNED IN SPRING TO HAVE THEM RESTORED PROFFESSIONALLY. THEY HAVE A FEW CRACKS NEAR THE SEAT ADJUST LEVER ON THE SIDE.

THE TAIL PIPE COVER HAS BEEN REPLACED TO ACCOMADATE AN NEW DUAL EXHAUST COVER. WE HAVE THE ORIGINAL PARTS.

THE CAR HAD A COMPLETE PAINT RESTORATION IN 1999. ITS A GREAT PAINT JOB WE PAYED $4500 FOR IT. ALL PARTS WERE REMOVED AND THE CAR WAS SANDBLASTED, THEN REPAINTED BY A LOCAL CLASSIC PAINT GUY. IT HAS NO RUST AT ALL EVEN BEFORE THE PAINT RESTORATION.

I AM NOT SURE IF I MISSED ANYTHING BUT THE CAR IS JUST SUCH A GREAT FIND THAT ANYONE WHO BUYS IT WILL NOT BE UNHAPPY.

SOME PICTURES ARE AVAILABLE AT http://www.gtcs-hcs.com/car.htm AND WE ARE ALSO LISTED IN THE GALLERY OF THIS SITE. MORE WILL BE POSTED IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS

WE ARE ASKING FOR $25,000 OBO.

PLEASE EMAIL ME @ JANSONRACHAEL@EARTHLINK.NET WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

Mosesatm

WE ARE ASKING FOR $25,000 OBO. :eek:

It looks like no one is going to practice any tough love and everyone on this board thinks I'm an idiot anyway so I guess I'll do it.

$25,000 is an awful lot of money for a car that is not perfect. I hope you get that much....if fact I'm sure we all hope you get it but there is a similar car on e-bay that is sitting at $14,400 with one day left on the auction. I think the guy bought the car about a month ago for $12,000 - $15,000 and turned right around an put it on e-bay. I assume he was hoping to make a huge profit but $15,000 seems to be the limit for what I"ll call an everyday GT/CS.

For some reason California Specials just don't get the numbers they should. That problem has baffled some of the greatest minds of the 20th century (GT/CS owners) but it is what it is.

Sorry to hit you with that bad news but I hope this is the kind of input you were looking for.

-=MUSTANG=-

I'm going to have to agree with the last post, (with all due respect to a fellow GT/CS owner) $25,500.00 is a bit optimistic. The guy on the thread is selling his authentic (his words) 390 big block GT/CS for the asking price of $17,500.

I'm doing a complete bare metal restoration of my entire car, complete engine and trans rebuild. I'm even paying extra to re-chrome the interior plastic so I don't have to buy repop junk. The car is candyapple red with black deluxe interior, 289, auto, PS, PB and when it is done I was thinking it would be worth about $16,000 or $17,000 on the market (but after the $17,500 X code now I'm not so sure). I'll be keeping it for a looooong time though so any sale price is irrelevant.

Your best bet for anywhere near that kind of dough would probably be a local auto trader or a place that will sell it on consignment. Good luck. :)

68gt390

Mosesatm;
Your the one that called yourself an "idiot", we
didn't. :-X

But, I do have to agree with you on this one. $25,000 for a small block 289 is rather steep considering the competition that's out there on both ebay and Collector Car Trader Online. See below link:

http://www.collectorcartraderonline.com/adsearch/collectorsearchprocess.html

They've even got an "X" code GT/CS for $17,500 and that's a GT optioned car.

I'd love to see you get $25,000 for it. That would just raise the bar that much more on the GT/CS. I don't know, it's kinda a toss up. Sell the car for less than what you expect or keep it and let it appreciate. It's a tuff decision.

Don