• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GTCS, true or false

Perkchiro

[quote author=Mustanger link=board=1;threadid=1630;start=15#msg10093 date=1115243676]
The seller responded!! He says:
"HI, The car is still available for sale. I am a private seller and I moved recently in Spain, I've wanted to take this car with me and register it here and sell it for more money, prices for cars here are higher than those in US, unfortunatelly import taxes and european regulations made me change my mind since I have to pay a lot of money. Now I am shipping and sell it for a low price because next week I have a deadline term for
paying those taxes and I need to sell it until then otherwise I lose it!!!
This car is like new, STATE OF THE ART, completely working, no scratches, no dents, never been abused, always well taken care of, low miles, clear title, manuals, the original documentation included. You will receive it with the bill of sale and custom papers as well!
The car is located in Huelva, Spain where I am too and it will be shipped car will be dellivered at your home address. Let me know your decision.
Regards"

Don't really like buying a car without seeing it/touching it ... especially one that's supposed to be out of the country being sold by someone I don't know or have any references :(

[/quote]
Don't deal with a guy like this. It's a total rip off. If he won't arrange for a private viewing by yourself or a representative of you, for instance a bank officer or mechanic you choose, and if he won't allow a COD upon receipt of the car, I'd run like heck!!! Had the same experience with a persistent seller in France.
Steve

luisa2552

I just got a similar 'I'm in Europe' response from the guy that had the 67 Shelby posted a few days ago for $8,500. He wants me to send $3,000 then pay the rest on delivery. I told him send it COD and we'll talk.

Sara

case12

This deal has all the elements of a scam.

However,

Call me crazy, but I bought my GT/CS without ever seeing or driving it. It was in CA and I am in IL. I talked to the owner a lot, and got a lot of pictures until I felt comfortable. Then I used an Internet Escrow account which works like this: I deposit all the money into the account (I picked the escrow company), the guy ships the car (this part I paid for), I look at the car and decide to ship it back or release the money in escrow. I never sent a dollar to the owner until I had the car in my garage, but he had a secure deposit in escrow if I did not ship it back. It works, and I was very comfortable that I would not get taken, because the money was in my control until I got the car and accepted it. The seller was happy too. Cool and safe way to buy large ticket items on the internet. Casey

nfrntau

Just for giggles, tell the guy you are hiring an inspector that a colleague recommended. Ask him for the address of the vehicle to save you both the trouble and expence of shipping back and forth if you don't desire the car.

I'll bet he hedges big tme!

hookedtrout

This thing has been going on for a long time on eBay. It takes some time before they catch each individual scam, if you see one report it to eBay and it speeds up the process of removing it prior to someone getting taken.

Hook

Mosesatm

Ebay had the last 2 I repored removed within hours. I was really impressed with their speed. The reporting method takes a little getting used to but once you know how to do it it's not too bad.

hcsstang

I have been getting some emails about ebay and they are requisiting personal information. I don't think that they are from ebay. So I just delete them.

Mosesatm

Ebay seems to know that people are sending those because they have an option on their home page to report such emails.

hookedtrout

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=1;threadid=1630;start=15#msg10172 date=1115407233]
I have been getting some emails about ebay and they are requisiting personal information. I don't think that they are from ebay. So I just delete them.
[/quote]

You are absolutely right, never respond to an email that has a link inside the email asking you to go to a sight and modify information. They are trying to get you to give them your personal information such as credit card information. If you deal with ebay/paypal do this.

Add these two email addresses to your contact list and any time you get one of these PHISHING emails forward it to the correct spoof addresses and it lets them know how much of this goes on and they will give you a reply email that they are investigating it. I don't even add any comments I just hit forward, put in the right address dependent upon if it claims to be ebay or paypal and hit send. They respond within minutes as to having received your email and then they respond as to if it is a legit email or a phishing email. I've never got a legit one yet.

spoof@ebay.com
spoof@paypal.com

Hook

CobraMan

I was on a cruise last year in France and popped into an internet Cafe. While enjoying my coffee I was surfing Ebay and noticed a Boss 429. The seller made it sound just as nice as the CS. Instead of being in Spain, he was 15 miles up the road from where my shipped was docked. He had no idea I was in his country. I explained that I was in his area and would like to see the car. After five days of attempting to email him for a response I never head back from the crook.

Stay away brothers, this doesn't sound good.

hookedtrout

That's a good way to respond to these types of adds just to fish them out a bit. Tell them you just happen to be in the neighborhood and you'll be right over as this car is exactly what you are looking for and you'll pay cash when you get there. Sit back and see if they dissapear.

Hook