• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale GT/CS for sale on craigs list - project 90% complete

deckwyserd

SOLD

craigs list link:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/2093618992.html

289ci, auto, power steering, power disc brakes, rebuilt suspension, new weatherstripping, over $15,000 in receipts, all numbers match
Ground Up Restoration... but not running, need to assemble and install motor... I ran out of $$ for this project

More Info:
-The car was originally a dealer car, then sold to my grandma in 1969, then to me in 1990
-Registered with the GT/CS registry and is represented in the new GT/CS recognition Guide
-Originally equipped with the marshal fog lights, shelby tail lights, side scoops and stripes, twist lock hood pins. California Special Badges, fiberglass trunk with spoiler
-The body is straight and rust free with no bondo, paint is original color gulf stream aqua. I was careful not to cut or modify any sheetmetal.
-Most everything was restored to concours correct via The GT/CS concours guide.
-The motor is already blueprinted and balanced, it is bored 30 over, An improperly seated main cap cracked after only putting 100+ miles on the new motor.
-I currently have a 9" rear end with traction lock installed, but I also have the original 8.8" rear end (I saved all original pieces)
-Non-stock items include: a nitrous system (never used), aftermarket wheels, shifter, dual exhaust, electric fan, aluminum radiator, msd ignition.
-Seatbelts have been redyed, steeringbox has been blueprinted, window pillars have been re chromed, gas tank is new
-The car has been garaged and California car covered in the san fernando valley for the last 10 years
-I am selling the car because I have recently been laid off and I need the money more than the car right now.

I have pics I can send via email upon request
Please call with any questions

Travis

Last edited: