• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. SAAC Officially Adds GT/CS

Diesel Donna

Yes. I fainted and I am not one bit embarrassed about it! When I finally saw my "dream car" for the first time, and saw how beautiful it was, I lost it
faint.gif

I still think that is the most fantastic thing to faint when you see your new car and it is SO 'Renee'. All girly and dramatic in a GOOD way!! I only wish Tim would have taken a picture of her laying on the ground...can't you go back and fake a picture for us? What a moment!!

~~~~Donna

Midnight Special

I still think that is the most fantastic thing to faint when you see your new car and it is SO 'Renee'. All girly and dramatic in a GOOD way!! I only wish Tim would have taken a picture of her laying on the ground...can't you go back and fake a picture for us? What a moment!!

~~~~Donna

...The "freelance reporter" in me considered it. but Renee also works for the U.S. Government in a way that... well....

I would rather photograph an approaching 70mph train on a foggy day from between the rails. Less risky!

;-)

frank s

The SAAC GT/CS forum may become a lively contributor to a part of the overall resource that is available online. This forum may eventually be a useful stop on my 2007+ GT/CS route. There are other places on the 'net that also welcome and/or cater to the late-model interest.

What I like about this bunch, and what I can see at SAAC GT/CS, is the people seem to be of a different age than the other Mustang forum denizens. An age that values spelling correctly and writing full sentences. Kind of a treat, these days.

Thanks for being here. I hope I can contribute something from time to time.

I tend to seek another thread when it becomes clear that the subject has become one or more poster-persons, rather than the OP subject. If I unwittingly offend someone, my apologies are genuine. For the most part, if I'm silent, I agree. If I agree and have something to add, I try to be brief. Except for this post.

CaptDave

GT/CS and SAAC

I first fell in love with the GT/CS way back in the late 70's. A good friend of mine still has one. I was thrilled to see a new GT/CS Section of the SAAC-Forum. Why am I in the SAAC when I don't even have a Shelby? You don't have to own one to be a member. And most of my car club buddies from the early 80's in Northern NJ are now in the SAAC instead of the Mustang Clubs. So I'm with the "Old Gang" once again.

Good news about the GT/CS book Paul N. is doing. He just posted at SAAC that it should be done by late September. I have 2 on order, I can't wait.

http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=4402.msg40347;topicseen#msg40347

CaptDave

390cs68rcode

I first fell in love with the GT/CS way back in the late 70's. A good friend of mine still has one. I was thrilled to see a new GT/CS Section of the SAAC-Forum. Why am I in the SAAC when I don't even have a Shelby? You don't have to own one to be a member. And most of my car club buddies from the early 80's in Northern NJ are now in the SAAC instead of the Mustang Clubs. So I'm with the "Old Gang" once again.

Good news about the GT/CS book Paul N. is doing. He just posted at SAAC that it should be done by late September. I have 2 on order, I can't wait.

http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=4402.msg40347;topicseen#msg40347

CaptDave

I will bet you $100 it is not done in September.

he has to sell his car first.......

To offset this cost, I'm trying to sell my own 390-4-speed GT/CS (one of 111 made) for $22K. If a buyer I know isn't interested, I'll post it here in the classifieds. Selling my CS (I've owned since 1974), will be required to print the book (as ironic as it seems).

Last edited:
OP
OP
case12

case12

fyi.....a recent reply about Paul selling his car to someone asking about that issue on saac.

Quote:

"Dear P-C,

No, I didn't mean to imply that the selling of my GT/CS is necessary to publish the book. It's in addition to other money I've been offered. It's a backup. I have several options in front of me, so the printing of the book will not be hindered by any lack of money. I am committed to get this book to print. I am also aware of the wonderful gratitude of SAAC members and appreciate all their help. It's been really great being here!!

I didn't get quite the advanced orders that I'd hoped for, and the ones I got went towards other book expenses, such as licensing, etc.

I am ready to part with my CS, and move on. It's been part of my life for 35 years, my parents bought it for me in 1974 (I was a senior in HS). I certainly love the GT/CS, and that won't change. I have other design projects that I want to move over to when the book is done and on it's way. I've already gotten some interest in my CS from the small post I made here. I will post an official, detailed classified on my CS next week, after the CS article for S-A is finished.

And I really like the 2010 Mustang & GT-500 (and the '67 Shelby still catches my eye...as would building a Little Red replica).

Thanks for asking,

Paul N."