• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Dash Pad question

Magnum

OK, I have a GT/CS that is painted in Sunlit Gold and the Marti report states the car has Nugget Gold Standard Bucket seats. So here is my question, what color should my dash pad be? The one in the car is destroyed and it is hard to tell anything about it. Your input will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

franklinair

Don't know if these will show enough of the dash color, it's the original, and looks like a VERY dark brown or perhaps black. (Car is Sunlit Gold, Nugget Gold interior.) The Deluxe door panels & hand straps are dark brown.

Neil

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Magnum

Thanks!

I was thinking the dash pad is black but wasn't sure. This one pictured looks black to me.

Mosesatm

Many of the colors turn black after many years in the sun. One good way to find the original color is to remove the passenger side trim panel and look at the part of the dash pad that is hidden behind it.

OP
OP
M

Magnum

Many of the colors turn black after many years in the sun. One good way to find the original color is to remove the passenger side trim panel and look at the part of the dash pad that is hidden behind it.

Great thought!

earlymustang

My gold on gold 1968 was black. Unless you can find a paintable pad your only choice is Ford black. Remember Henry Ford said you can have any color you want as long as its black.