• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

I inherited a GT/CS...

EricL

Hey there. Brand new to the forum.

My uncle is too old to drive and just shipped me his green GT/CS. Nice uncle to have I know. I will most likely sell it. I'm looking for any help anyone might be able to provide in determining what to look for to determine what a fair price for the car would be. It's a 302 automaic (T-shifter on the floor) with the green exterior and interior. It's completely original - never painted, never rebuilt, never restored. He bought it new and it has 96k original miles on it. Yes, really. He lived like 1 mile from work in San Diego. It is in fine shape, completly driveable, never in an accident, no real dings, no rust but it is a 40 year old car, so there are paint chips, faded interior panels, etc.

Every year for a few years, the college kids that lived next door to my uncle would borrow the car, wash it and drive it down to SeaWorld for the Mustang show. They won something everytime, 1st place in some catagory a bunch of times. There's a pile of trophies in the trunk, for what I need to check. I guess the 'never been messed with' aspect of the car has show appeal - I understand you can still see the stamps on the inside of the hood from the guys that assembled it.

Anyway, I have no idea to what this level of originality is worth and to whom. I've sent off for a martiauto report, but it has yet to arrive. Any comments or inquires much appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5664.JPG
    IMG_5664.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5667.JPG
    IMG_5667.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 83

Mustanglvr

Welcome EricL! Great looking car and all original, wow!
I see it has GT hubcaps. If it`s a GT/CS and is also a GT, then it will be worth more. The Marti report will tell you if it came with the GT equipment option.

dpheyes

It's a 302 automaic (T-shifter on the floor) with the green exterior and interior. It's completely original - never painted, never rebuilt, never restored.

Eric,

I also inherited a GT/CS - from my dad. It's supposed to be a 302 4V, but doesn't have the original engine in it. I am leaving this afternoon to fly down from Alaska to Tucson and strip it to get it ready for painting.

Anyway, I would kill to have a pile of digital photos of an original 302 engine and engine compartment. That would help immmensely when it comes time to rebuild mine and drop the 302 into it. Any chance you could post some high resolution photos for us in your gallery?

Thanks,
Doug in Alaska - brrrrrr!

OP
OP
E

EricL

Thanks - more photos to come

Thanks all for the words of advice so far. I'll pull the car out of my neighbor's garage (there's no room in mine) this weekend and take some quality shots including engine closeups and post them on this thread.

Regards, Eric