• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 9-inch Rear End on Mustang GT

CougarCJ

My non GT April 03 build date car also has a 3:00 eight inch rear. Not aware of any information that cars built after April 01 68 have a 9 inch as standard.

A possible explanation; The Ford MPC lists a 9 inch housing assembly change 4/1/1968.
This is a 9 inch to a 9 inch change.

gt bandit

My Tag details

Okay

I am starting to get worried that I have either an oddball or a retro 9" in my CS

here are the Tag details and i would like someone to transpose them if possible.

WES - AA 90B
3:00 9 952A

ANY IDEAS ??????????????????:tongue::tongue:

Thanks Shaun

Attachments

• Mustang diff TAG.jpg
    Mustang diff TAG.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

CougarCJ

That is from a 1969 Mustang or Cougar.

3.00:1 open ratio.

Last edited:

gt bandit

well ill be buggered - I thought it was original. Mainly i guess because of the ratio lining up with the Marti.

Oh well i Have since replaced the pumpkin with a 3;55 Tru trac unit and the J code was dumped in favour of 428CJ a lonmg time ago-

thanks for sorting that out for me cougar

regards

shaun

CougarCJ

Found a mention in the Ford MPC.

Part # C3AZ-4730-B which is the rubber bumper for the 9 inch axle snubbers.

Application lists 302GT in the list with 390, and 428CJ.

The 8 inch carriers relied on a rubber bumper that mounted to the underside of the body directly above the axle center.