• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Rear leaf markings

dalorzo_f

Found, on one, a silver or white strip... thought most springs had two color stripes. Basic 289/C4, nothing special.. anyone else seen similar marks on their springs? If I can confirm the stripe/color I may replicate it after cleaning them up..

Ruppstang

Yes Silver would be correct for your springs. Our 68HCS C code also had silver although they were marked in a different location.
Marty

Attachments

• 68 HCS springs 001.JPG
    68 HCS springs 001.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 31

azbeneman

I didn't notice the silver stripes when I took my C code car apart. Now that I look at it, is that them on each side of the brackets?

Not to hijack the thread, but in the same photo is my driveshaft. I pulled a bone head move and had it media blasted before cleaning it to note the color of the stripes and measurements. Does any know what the stripe colors and pattern was for a C code automatic car?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 31

Ruppstang

I didn't notice the silver stripes when I took my C code car apart. Now that I look at it, is that them on each side of the brackets?

Not to hijack the thread, but in the same photo is my driveshaft. I pulled a bone head move and had it media blasted before cleaning it to note the color of the stripes and measurements. Does any know what the stripe colors and pattern was for a C code automatic car?

Our 68 HCS is a C code automatic built 7-16-68. Here is a picture of it's driveshaft.
Hope this helps Marty

Attachments

• HCS driveshaft restoratiom 004.JPG
    HCS driveshaft restoratiom 004.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 26
  • HCS driveshaft restoratiom 002.JPG
    HCS driveshaft restoratiom 002.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 32

J_Speegle

The different locations (where the springs were marked) is likely related to when the springs were made. Earlier - at or near the shock mount. Later (end of year) at rear eye of spring

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

So mine in the middle of two the must be mid-year! (April!) :wink:

Any comments on an OK paint for the leaf springs? Bare will just corrode here so willing to accept "close" as part of the rear end freshen up... she ain't a trailer queen and isn't going to collect points...