• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. C4 Transmission help

66hcs-conv

Hi Gang,

I need to replace the shifter shaft seals on our '66 with C4 transmission. The shifter shafts stick out the driver side of the trans, and the shifter linkage attaches to them. The seals are on the inside of the transmission.

My question is, can those seals be replaced without removing the transmission from the car, and by removing just the valve body?

THANKS, Dave

hicountrybob

Hi Gang,

I need to replace the shifter shaft seals on our '66 with C4 transmission. The shifter shafts stick out the driver side of the trans, and the shifter linkage attaches to them. The seals are on the inside of the transmission.

My question is, can those seals be replaced without removing the transmission from the car, and by removing just the valve body?

THANKS, Dave

Dave, give me a call and I'll put you in touch w/ Neil Rhodes here in town!!!!! Bob Teets at 303-424-3866