• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 roof rail trim with vinyl roof

karolscali

arrrgghh!! Any ideas how to get roof rail trim back on? i just got a new vinyl roof installed and got new aftermart rail trim, old ones to bad off, there is no way this is gonna fit, any ideas? The aftermarts lip looks much smaller and more narrower i dont think the lip can be made larger? thx Roland:

nates68

roland,iv tried all the repos on the market none really work.But you can try a old church key can opener with tape wrapped around it.
best of luck, nate

franklinair

I installed repros from NPD - they fit on mine OK, although it did not have the vinyl top at the time. You'll have to make sure the vinyl is not too near the lip of the gutter making it too thick for the upper edge of the trim to grip the gutter.
I caught the upper edge/lip over the gutter and GENTLY tapped along the bottom edge (with a rubber mallet, so as not to ding the new gutter trim). I started in the center, and worked my way to each end. Hope this helps.

Neil

68 special

Going thru the same problem. found out the vinyl roof is overlapping the drip rail. i need to trim back the vinyl roof. Speaking of vinyl roofs, Does anyone know where to get the metal trim piece that is riveted in the channel? I know originals are out, but does anyone make a repop?

Bret

franklinair

I've looked. No luck. Wish I could find just a sample of one. I think they would be relatively easy to duplicate.

Neil