• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Please help me "fix" the front-end of my new CS/GT (long)

DeadStang

I knew going in that the front 1/2 of the car is totally wrong. Please take a look at the pictures and tell me what I need.

(1) The fog lights are obviously some Schuck's $9.99 special, but what are these brackets behind them? They're marked LH and RH, so I assume they are some Mustang fog light part--from a stand GT with round lights?

(2) Is the grill correct?--it looks similar to the pictures that I've found. Are the holes for the big brackets correct?

(3) There are no holes for the fog light pedistals in the flat, wide front trim. I remember my old CS/GT as having them fixed thru the trim. Can I just cut holes in this piece to install correct-ish fog lights?

(4) Missing the correct hood, hood locks, and hood lock brackets. Could this car have had a flat hood, or would it have had a turn signal hood? How can I tell?

So far, I've found repro hood lock brackets and locks themselves on the internet (hope they're still available!). Also, I see that HighCountryBob makes fog light pedistals. And I found some alleged correct fog lights and wiring on eBay (the lenses look wrong, but at least they look better than what's on the car).

Thanks!

Attachments

• cs1.jpg
    cs1.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 37
  • cs2.jpg
    cs2.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 45
  • cs3.jpg
    cs3.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 42

rvrtrash

The brackets were to mount the original Marchal lights. You have the original grill. Yes, you can drill the correct holes in the grill surround. It should have the turn signal hood.

Steve

C160223

I knew going in that the front 1/2 of the car is totally wrong. Please take a look at the pictures and tell me what I need.

(1) The fog lights are obviously some Schuck's $9.99 special, but what are these brackets behind them? They're marked LH and RH, so I assume they are some Mustang fog light part--from a stand GT with round lights?

(2) Is the grill correct?--it looks similar to the pictures that I've found. Are the holes for the big brackets correct?

(3) There are no holes for the fog light pedistals in the flat, wide front trim. I remember my old CS/GT as having them fixed thru the trim. Can I just cut holes in this piece to install correct-ish fog lights?

(4) Missing the correct hood, hood locks, and hood lock brackets. Could this car have had a flat hood, or would it have had a turn signal hood? How can I tell?

(5)So far, I've found repro hood lock brackets and locks themselves on the internet (hope they're still available!). Also, I see that HighCountryBob makes fog light pedistals. And I found some alleged correct fog lights and wiring on eBay (the lenses look wrong, but at least they look better than what's on the car).

Thanks!

[1] they are correct marchal fog lamp brackets

[2] Yes, correct original grill

[3] Hold on before you start drilling holes in your grill surrounds. What is the build date of your car. If it's an early car, you can mount the Marchal fog lamps.

[4] correct hood will be with turn signal inserts. hood locks and brackets are available in repro

[5]Again, if yours is an early car, you can mount the marchal fog lights. They are harder to find and more expensive. If want to use the Lucas lights .Search the forum, someone mentioned they are now available again in the UK.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DeadStang

Build date scheduled for March 13th (only have the quickie-Marti report at this time, not the deluxe with the actual build date).

rvrtrash

Build date scheduled for March 13th (only have the quickie-Marti report at this time, not the deluxe with the actual build date).

According to Paul's book, April 26th was the last date the Marchal's were used so yours should be well within that date. I would put the Marchal's on and not drill the holes.

Steve