• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 Mustang Stuff

robert campbell

Parting with some of the stuff from my recent GT/CS conversion.

Very reasonable prices!!

Pair of JBA Shorty headers for 302. Nice upgrade and no fitment issues. I went to long tube headers. Better than hypo manifolds. They are in great condition, but could be painted or coated to look nicer.

68 Distributor with Petronix conversion and Pertronix coil. Should be correct for a 68 GT/CS non-California car. single diaphram vacuum advance. You must use a Pertronix coil with their ignition conversion. If you don't, they burn up. I found out the hard way.

68 Exterior Decor Group hood. Blinker hood with black out stripes. Wimbleton White. Great shape. Blinkers work great and they have new wiring harness.

All of this stuff will end up on ebay shortly.

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

$200 dollars. Roughly half of the Summit Racing price. Again you pay shipping. They will go on ebay today if I don't get any interest. They come with the socket connetor for the exhaust. Will have a picture later.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Pictures of the headers.

DSCN4847.jpg

DSCN4848.jpg

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

The headers have been sold to another member on the site. The other items have not been posted to ebay yet.

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

This is a stock distributor with a Pertronix conversion. The number on the distributor I have is “C8ZF-12127” which means it is a 1968 distributor. I think it is the original one from my “J code 302” but not positive. The motor was a numbers match to my VIN, but I bought the car in 1989. A lot of water under the bridge between 1968 and 1989!! It is the distributor that was in the motor when I bought the car.

Went into Summit Racing and the Pertronix coil is about 30bucks and the standard Pertronix Ignitor is 80 bucks. You can have the coil and ignitor plus the stock distributor for 50 dollars. Roughly half, plus the stock distributor. You MUST use the Pertronix coil. It is chrome in color and fits in your stock coil bracket, but it is obvious that it is not stock if you are a concurs person. I burned up two Pertronix Igntors trying to use them with a Mallory coil. Thankfully Summit Racing took pity on my stupidity!!

Rob