• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS Prices

Mustanglvr

So if the car at Barrett-Jackson went for $49,000 then what exactly does that say about the value of other cars not quite so original? Anybody have an opinion?

hookedtrout

Mustanglvr said:
So if the car at Barrett-Jackson went for $49,000 then what exactly does that say about the value of other cars not quite so original? Anybody have an opinion?

My opinion is this, if you have the original parts that would be a plus, but adding comfort and beauty items can increase the value. For example if you add some Shelby wheels to a CS it would increase the value and why not they cost more and look better and if you have the originals a potential buyer may or may not even want them. Add original style AC and we know of one person that will see that as a plus, add a nice stereo system without cutting non repairable items and who cares it makes it nicer now and if it doesn't interest the buyer it isn't a big deal to get it back to original.

I think you can spruce our cars up and make them more appealing to a buyer just as long as you aren't damaging things that can't be reversed. As for seeing the deck lid cut to put in some 6X9 speakers like the recent BJ auctioned car, who are we kidding that deck lid back there in 99% of the cases isn't the original anyway so who cares if it's cut, a new one is cheap and you don't have to cut the metal to get in some 6X9 speakers.

Being anal about having it 100% original is only cost effective up to a point, engines and things like that can make a big difference if they are original, fiberboard deck plates, wheels, chrome air cleaner, or cobra valve covers in my opinion can add to the value in some cases and I think BJ's auction is one of those cases.

Interesting topic.

Cory