• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hi,Looking for an AM/FM radio in good shape

scotty

Anyone have any good news about where to find a radio for the Cal Special , of that 68 year. I am trying to restore it close to original,, but of course as a young know it all I got rid of the original when I first got the car and got rid of a some original parts. Also looking for info on restoring a steering wheel it has shrunk and I need to fill the outer wheel, ,paint it and restore the horn piece. Thanks Scotty

68sunlitgold

Scotty,
Your best bet for the radio and steering wheel parts is Ebay. Since the radio and wheel are the same as any 68 mustang (or cougar) do a search for them. There are a few other cars that also have the same steering wheel.
A good '68 Am/FM radio will not be cheap.
Good luck in your search.
Doug

still looking for one

That's right, an original AM FM radio will be pretty rare, so they will be expensive; (the FM band was pretty much a vast wasteland in 1968) but I think there places theat manufacture good replicas, that could help.

Can't think of a link, but Year One (replica 1964-72 GM parts) might possibly be a good place to start the search......

Take a look in Hemmings Motor News, or the ads in Mustang Monthly

Good luck
Jim B.

Mosesatm

For the steering wheel try Eastwood. They have a repair kit.

Mustanglvr

I did`nt think they had FM back in 68. Maybe its an AM-8 track player you want.

hicountrybob

Mustanglvr said:
I have a 1968 factory am-fm stereo in my 428 HCS which retailed for the amt. of $181.36.

rvrtrash

Mustanglvr said:

I've got one in mine also. With the AM/FM, you got speakers in both doors and the deluxe grills along the bottom (or I did anyway).

Steve