• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Window handle knobs

FirecrackerKTM

I'd like to clean up the interior window crank handles and get the corrosion off, but I can't figure out how the knobs come off. Maybe it should be obvious!

hookedtrout

They come off in pieces, they are pressed on if I remember correct. After years of fighting mine, breaking them and being disappointed I got a tip to use 67 cranks which have metal in place of the plastic on 68's so I found some and switched and have been more than pleasantly rewarded. Much nicer than the 68 plastic ones.

OP
OP
F

FirecrackerKTM

They come off in pieces, they are pressed on if I remember correct. After years of fighting mine, breaking them and being disappointed I got a tip to use 67 cranks which have metal in place of the plastic on 68's so I found some and switched and have been more than pleasantly rewarded. Much nicer than the 68 plastic ones.

Good to know, thanks!

So what's the easiest way to get them out of there without damaging the handle?

Ruppstang

Cut the plastic knob and it ill come apart easily. NPD has new one that are inexpensive and easy to install. Marty

hookedtrout

It is a great idea, it's kind of what I do, I run the 67 window cranks, never show the car and then I don't have to change them. ;-)