• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Junk yard GT/CS

Dale Littlejohn

Junk yard GTCs
I was in an old junk yard many years ago and found the remains of a very rusted GTCS.
Having owned owned one since 1970 i knew what it was.
The owner of the junk yard said it was a runnig car when he got it but couldnt sell it so he applyed for a salvage title after which could not be sold.
When i found it it had been stripped of all CS parts except they forgot the one very important part the rear tail light harness. ( which i have)
And the vin plate witch is illegal to remove.
At the time i had a copy of the firt GTCS registry and checked the vin against the registry and found a match.
I thought this was very odd and asked the junk yard owner if i could see the title.
He let me take it to photo copy it.
I have a copy of the title and pictures of the car .
The vin is 8R01C148427
They are non digital pictures but i can scan if any one is interested.
Dale!

pippin

I am surprised you could not buy it... most states

have a process to bond cars and re-title them. Its not easy though... I suppose if its an insurance claim they may want to be re-paid also. This might make the deal cost prohibitive.

We can all image that the metal was recycled and may be in a new GT/CS, or maybe the metal was shipped to china, LOL!

Interesting story though.

OP
OP
D

Dale Littlejohn

I guess what i thought was odd is that this car was stripped and someone has a car in the registry with this vin !!!!!!!
According to the registry it belongs to Randy Hovey
Dale!

pippin

Did you ever verify with the cops or the owner if it was stolen?

Did you ever verify with the cops or the owner if it was stolen?

maybe it was long lost, those things do happen.